none
windows media player 12 visuals and lyrics?

Question

• hello i have got media player 12 on my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit dell laptop and i cannot seem to get the visual i just downloaded(terminator3) i dont know how to turn visualization on,also does anyone know how to get lyrics to work with media player 12,also update album work?
    i have seen windows media player classic for 64 bit do you think this would be a better player to get lyrics/visuals ?
    thank you.
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hi geordiejohn,

To change the visualization, please first double click the Terminator III installation file T3vis.exe to install it. After that, open Windows Media Player 12, press Ctrl+M combine key to show Menu bar. Click View -> Now Playing -> right-click in Now Playing window -> Visualizations -> T3. Can the Terminator III be played properly now?

Regarding the lyrics in Windows Media Player 12, we can simply enable Lyrics to see the lyrics. To do this, please click Play on the Menu bar -> Lyrics, captions, and subtitles -> On if available. In addition, you also can install third party plug-ins for Windows Media Player to show the lyrics. For your reference, I have included one HERE.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:17 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi geordiejohn,

To change the visualization, please first double click the Terminator III installation file T3vis.exe to install it. After that, open Windows Media Player 12, press Ctrl+M combine key to show Menu bar. Click View -> Now Playing -> right-click in Now Playing window -> Visualizations -> T3. Can the Terminator III be played properly now?

Regarding the lyrics in Windows Media Player 12, we can simply enable Lyrics to see the lyrics. To do this, please click Play on the Menu bar -> Lyrics, captions, and subtitles -> On if available. In addition, you also can install third party plug-ins for Windows Media Player to show the lyrics. For your reference, I have included one HERE.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:17 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 6:04 AM
  • thank you very much.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:07 PM
  • Hello,

I have just bought a new computer with windows 7 64 bit pre-installed. All I want is to get the visualizations running when I play songs on the pre-installed WMP. Why is Microsoft so convoluted about these things. Your precious Internet Explorer is in users face from the first startup. But try getting info on visualizations OR try to install Chrome (Google) and see how difficult Microsoft makes it. Are you just all about making things so difficult that users just put up with your old apps when there are better ones available. 

I am seriously considering Formatting the HDD on this $3,000 laptop and installing Microsoft Ultimate retail. By doing this I will be able to dump the Toshiba junk that was pre installed and select only the MS apps I want to use.

Make sense to you?? I hope you get the message that I am disgruntled.

Regards,

Robert Walker

Australia.

Phone contacts 02 6737 3327 or 0401 537  146

email: robert@photosplus.com.au

Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:48 AM
  • Thanks Linda - you have no idea how long I have been hunting for the info that you have just given me!

Decent system here - just a Pillock operating it!!!

Gone from XP to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit- Ge-Force from Sound Spectrum used to work fine on XP - But on Windows 7 I just could not figure it out on Beta WMP12

You have made my day - Thanks!!

Working lovely now - Thanks again! - your help was invaluable as this has been annoying me!

Shaun

Friday, August 13, 2010 9:30 PM
  • anyone know how to make a combined video with the lyrics and audio?
    Monday, August 16, 2010 12:27 AM
  • thankyou so much for the plugin...! btw, i have another question... if we change the display to visualization after installing plugin, how do we see the lyrics again..??
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:45 AM
  • Sabith, in WMP, switch to Library mode, and select Lyrics Plugin again in Tools - Plug-ins (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu).
    Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:19 PM
  • When you go to Now Playing, you have to switch to Full Screen (click on diagonal arrow at bottom right of the screen).  Then you can see both the lyrics and the album cover.  Although this works, it is annoying to have to switch to Full Screen on every song.  Why can't there be a default Now Playing-Full Screen option so you can select it ONE time???
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 4:39 PM
  • exxotik1: are you using a lyrics plug-in or WMP's built-in function for displaying lyrics? When the built-in function is enabled, I see that album art indeed isn't shown anymore in (non full-screen) Now Playing mode. This seems like a bug in WMP to me.
    Tim De Baets
    Sunday, December 04, 2011 9:28 PM
  • Hi geordiejohn,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Hello Linda,

I installed the plugin from the link you have mentioned here and now I see on WMP 12, "Upgrade to Lyrics Plugin Version 0.4".

WMP ver 12.0.7601.17514

Please help.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:53 PM
  • nooobiiie: here's the download link to version 0.4 of the plugin, I suggest that you install that:

http://www.lyricsplugin.com/download/lyricsplugin-wmplayer.php

Tim De Baets

• Proposed as answer by hush_hush Monday, April 30, 2012 5:14 AM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:32 PM
  • thank you
    Monday, April 30, 2012 5:14 AM