none
how can i delete admin account during bootup using cmd command in win 7?

Question

• i run cmd in Elevated Command Prompt mode.

i used commands such as;

net user administrator *    (but can not change password, the system error 5 has occured)

net user administrator /delete (access is denied)

net user administrator set /inactive

net user administrator /inactive:yes

but all these above not worked at all.

so plz, tell me how can i delete admin account if i have forgotten my password without using any disc but the cmd. thx

Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:01 AM

Answers

• Deleting an admin account after forgetting a password would make a bad situation much worse! What you need is to reset your password, e.g. like this:

1. Log on under an admin account.
    2. Click the Start globe.
    3. Type  cmd.exe  in the Search box.
    4. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    5. Click "Run as Administrator".
    6. Type the following commands and press Enter after each:
        net user "%UserName%" 123456
        (to set the password for the current account to 123456)
        net user spare ABCDEF /add
        (to create a spare user account with a password of ABCDEF)
        net localgroup administrators spare /add
        (to promote the spare account to admin level)

You very badly need a spare admin account so that you can recover in case you forget your password again. MAKE SURE TO DOCUMENT THE SPARE ACCOUNT DETAILS ON PAPER!

Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:41 AM
  • thanks..

ok, plz tell how can i make 'recovery partition' on my system as i am not looking this recovery option in advanced boot options.

i want to make recovery partition in my pc hard drive where OS is already installed so how can i make it.plz guide me.,

Hi, 

Forest is right. 

We can refer to this link to create repair disc:

Create a system repair disc:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

Also you can try to create WinPE Image which can also help to repair system or get back your data from a disaster:

Walkthrough: Create a Custom Windows PE Image
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709665(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope these could be helpful.

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• Deleting an admin account after forgetting a password would make a bad situation much worse! What you need is to reset your password, e.g. like this:

1. Log on under an admin account.
    2. Click the Start globe.
    3. Type  cmd.exe  in the Search box.
    4. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    5. Click "Run as Administrator".
    6. Type the following commands and press Enter after each:
        net user "%UserName%" 123456
        (to set the password for the current account to 123456)
        net user spare ABCDEF /add
        (to create a spare user account with a password of ABCDEF)
        net localgroup administrators spare /add
        (to promote the spare account to admin level)

You very badly need a spare admin account so that you can recover in case you forget your password again. MAKE SURE TO DOCUMENT THE SPARE ACCOUNT DETAILS ON PAPER!

Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:41 AM
  • THAT'S GREAT..

BUT TELL ME HOW CAN I USE CMD AS IN ADMIN MODE WHEN WINDOWS IS BOOTING BECAUSE SOMETIME WE

FORGET PASWD AND WE ENTER INTO COMMAND PROMPT TO RECOVER IT. THANKS

Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:03 PM
  • hi forest brook

thanks

THAT'S GREAT..

BUT TELL ME HOW CAN I USE CMD AS IN ADMIN MODE WHEN WINDOWS IS BOOTING BECAUSE SOMETIME WE

FORGET PASWD AND WE ENTER INTO COMMAND PROMPT TO RECOVER IT. .

Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Are you saying that you have forgotten the passwords for all admin accounts? If so then here are the options built into Windows to help you get out of this predicament:

• Reboot the machine with your Windows Repair CD, then use System Restore to set Windows back by a few days (works only if you changed the password recently).
    • Log on as Administrator in Safe Mode, then reset the password to your usual account (the password is usually blank).
    • Insert your USB flash disk with the password keyfile (works only if you took the time to create such a keyfile).
    • Use the password hint (works only if you created a hint and if it is good enough to let you guess the password)
    • Check your paper records (works only if you jotted down the password somewhere)
    • Ask your friendly computer dealer to reset the password for you.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:22 PM
  • hi forest brook

thanks

THAT'S GREAT..

FORGET PASWD AND WE ENTER INTO COMMAND PROMPT TO RECOVER IT. .

Hi,

Please know that we cannot delete the built-in administrator account, but the command “net user administrator /delete” mean to do this. We can only delete the second administrator account, but we still need administrator privilege.

Regarding current issue, I suggest we enable Windows 7 built-in administrator account which is disable by default. And the password for this account is blank.

1. Boot into Windows 7 recovery option, we don’t need CDs, and click Command prompt:

What are the system recovery options in Windows?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/what-are-system-recovery-options#what-are-system-recovery-options=windows-7

Please choose Command Prompt on System Recovery options window.

2. You can run this command to enable it:

net user administrator /active:yes

3. Log in with built-in administrator account, then you can delete the administrator account of which the password is forgotten.

net user UserName /delete

The UserName should be the one of which the password was forgotten.

4. You can create new one and assign the admin privilege.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7

Adding a member to a local group

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772524.aspx

Note in this situation, the local group should be administrator.

5. Log on as the new account. To better protect the system, the built-in Administrator account should be disabled.

net user administrator /active:no

Then, to protect your password for the new administrator account, I suggest we make a password reset disk. If you forget your Windows password, you can use a password reset disk to create a new one.

Create a password reset disk

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/create-a-password-reset-disk

Kate Li

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:43 AM
  • thanks..

ok, plz tell how can i make 'recovery partition' on my system as i am not looking this recovery option in advanced boot options.

i want to make recovery partition in my pc hard drive where OS is already installed so how can i make it.plz guide me.,

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:22 AM
  • i want to make recovery partition in my pc hard drive where OS is already installed so how can i make it.plz guide me.,

The "Recovery Partition" is something that the PC manufacturer puts there. You cannot do it yourself. However, you can create an image of your installation and store it on an external disk. To recover from a disaster, you boot the machine with your Windows Repair CD, then instruct it to restore the image from the external disk.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:58 AM
  • thanks..

Hi, 

Forest is right. 

We can refer to this link to create repair disc:

Create a system repair disc:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

Also you can try to create WinPE Image which can also help to repair system or get back your data from a disaster:

Walkthrough: Create a Custom Windows PE Image
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709665(v=ws.10).aspx

Kate Li

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:45 PM