none
MS OS Updates deployment stuck RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Techies,

On Patch Tuesday we downloaded\deployed all the required Security updates to multiple collections for 10 days. After 10 mins everything working fine and all servers moved into "IN Progress". Later i found that forgot to download few more updates. So, i'm donloaded missing updates and added to same SUG & UDP. But after some time noticed that, deployment got stuck and all the servers moved back & stayed in Unknown State till now(28 Hrs). 

So, i'm removed and recreated SUG, UDP and deployments to same collections(By keeping old one same as it was). Rebooted all PS, DP\MDP's still no luck. All the logs Wuahandler, scanagent & other stating everything fine. Under CCM Cache folders was created but No CAB files inside the folders.
    When we restart BITS, SMS Agent & policies under Config Mgr, then servers able to pick patches and installation successful.

Any suggestions

Regards

Reddy6

Friday, October 11, 2019 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Reddy6,

According to your scenario, the clients are installing updates, and then receiving the policy revision, which leads to the stuck. Finally, the servers are able to reinstall the updates until the client's policy is refreshed.

Honestly, I have not done a similar test, but based on my experience, we should wait until the previous updates deployment is completed, and then deploy new updates.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and any question please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:26 AM