none
Windows 7 x86 SP1 failed to install with error code 8024200D RRS feed

• Question

• Ran SFC /Scannow, it completed with a message that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation".

Downloaded and tried installing the System Update Readiness tool but it failed to install.

Stopped Windows Update service and renamed Software Distribution folder, tried again but no good.

Other updates are installing fine without any error.

Friday, April 29, 2016 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohd Farhan,

A third-party antivirus or antispyware application may cause this problem. If you are running any third-party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators, security or anti-virus programs. I recommend temporarily disabling or shutting them down during the troubleshooting process. Please be sure to re-enable them once the process has completed.

After that, let us try to run System Update Readiness Tool. If Windows 7 SP1 still cannot be installed, I suggest downloading the Standalone Installer and installing it in Clean Boot Mode.

Also you can try to perform a repair install of your OS.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:56 AM

All replies

• Try restart your PC and try run Windows Update again.
    Friday, April 29, 2016 2:58 PM
  • Tried but did not work :(
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:25 PM
  • Hi Mohd Farhan,

According to your description, SP1 is a large installation package. I suggest that we could run the Windows Update troubleshooter:

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update.

Then we could try to reset Windows Update components in the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=971058

At last, if you have missing files and the mentioned solution have not solved your problem then you can try to perform a repair install of your OS.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 2, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Hi Carl,

Thank you for the reply!

I tried running Windows Update troubleshooter but no good.

When tried installing System Update Readiness tool for further troubleshooting, it suddenly stopped and Failed.

I will try to do more research on this before going for Repair as I am still not aware what files are missing.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Hi Mohd Farhan,

A third-party antivirus or antispyware application may cause this problem. If you are running any third-party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators, security or anti-virus programs. I recommend temporarily disabling or shutting them down during the troubleshooting process. Please be sure to re-enable them once the process has completed.

After that, let us try to run System Update Readiness Tool. If Windows 7 SP1 still cannot be installed, I suggest downloading the Standalone Installer and installing it in Clean Boot Mode.

Also you can try to perform a repair install of your OS.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:56 AM