none
Windows 10 error code 2 RRS feed

• Question

• when installing a license server for NX software i was required to install java 1.5+. I installed the latest version 8 and my installation progress's further but halts at an Windows error code 2. I have just recently upgraded to windows 10 (64bit) and am unsure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:46 PM

Answers

• Did you faced the same issue in previous version of Windows?

Try install Java 1.5 and check if problem persist.

If yes, contact the support of this software.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:17 PM
  • Hi george,

Could you please share the detailed error message of the error code 2 here?

If that is a system error, it indicates that The system cannot find the file specified.

Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx

We need first find out which file the process is trying to access, and confirm whether the file is still working under Windows 10. We may consider take use of Process Monitor to check this.

Besides, please consider seek help at the Java side, check to see if they could offer any further assistance.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:25 AM

All replies

• Did you faced the same issue in previous version of Windows?

Try install Java 1.5 and check if problem persist.

If yes, contact the support of this software.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:17 PM
  • Hi george,

Could you please share the detailed error message of the error code 2 here?

If that is a system error, it indicates that The system cannot find the file specified.

Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx

We need first find out which file the process is trying to access, and confirm whether the file is still working under Windows 10. We may consider take use of Process Monitor to check this.

Besides, please consider seek help at the Java side, check to see if they could offer any further assistance.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 6, 2015 6:25 AM