none
Windows 8 Professional Installation Freezes after Reboot at "Getting Ready" HP dv6-6135dx

Question

• I have an HP dv6-6135dx (15") with Radeon Dual Graphics. My display drivers are AMD Radeon HD 6750M and AMD Radeon (TM) 6620G. I downloaded the Windows 8 Pro from my MSDN subscription and burned to a DVD. When I install Windows 8, it will get to the reboot process and complete the "Getting Devices Ready" cycle but will get hung up on "Getting Ready" right around 79%. Here's what I have done so far to fix the issue:

• Boot from USB (issue still occurred)
    • Update all drivers (issue still occurred)
    • Boot my computer from the startup disk (issue still occurred)

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to fix this issue for 3 weeks and I still haven't come across the issue and haven't read anything out there that is helping my situation.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• I suggest contact HP support and report this issue to them and also post it in their forum.
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:46 PM
  • I have done that, since it's from the MSDN they told me it's not technically out for public use and that they haven't endorsed the use of Windows 8 on their computers yet, so the guy said the only thing he would do is uninstall the .iso image from my computer. I have also contacted the Microsoft Support Team and they haven't been of any help either, all they do is redirect me to different people who don't know how to handle the issue.
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

That seems your HP machine, at least some drivers or device cannot compatible with Windows 8 yet. You need wait HP release the latest drivers in the future.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 21, 2012 9:30 AM