I just installed Windows 8 Release Preview with Hyper-V. I have a strange bug when using the Alt-Gr key inside the Hyper-V Connect windows: if i press the Alt-Gr inside the hyper-v console and then go back to the host, the host thinks the Ctrl key is always pressed.
Here's a repro step which "works" all the time:
- Open Notepad on the host
- Connect to an hyper-v instance (not RDP)
- Inside the guest click on Alt-Gr (you can even do this on the login screen of the guest)
- Go back to Notepad on the host (click on the window)
- Press g, instead of typing g it will open the Go To Line dialog as if i pressed Ctrl+g
- Press Ctrl in the host to fix the bug
Anyone has the same issue or knows how to fix it ?
Guillaume Rouchon - MVP VisualStudio ALM - Blog (FR) : http://blog.qetza.net - Blog (EN) : http://blog.qetza.net/en/
Friday, June 01, 2012 3:35 PM
- Edited by Guillaume ROUCHONMVP Friday, June 01, 2012 3:36 PM
Same issue here on Windows 2012 Server RC
for my Password i need "alt gr".
Some More Details:
Host = SRV 2012 RC de-de
vm = Win7 x64 Ent de-de
The only way to get it in is type in onto the host into "notepad" copy it and paste the clipboard into the vm.
or another way is to press Strg+Alt instead of Alt-Gr
not really cool but works, hope they fix it until RTM.
Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:14 PM
- Edited by Markus Walschburger Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:36 PM