none
Upgrading XP2 with Vista

Question

• When trying to upgrade XP SP2 with Vista, I get the following message ("Uninstall Program Neighborhood'). How do I proceed with the install?
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:08 PM

Answers

• a clean install is always best, i've had couple of probs when upgrading from xp sp2 to vista beta2

but have had no probs from clean install
    Saturday, August 26, 2006 4:11 PM

All replies

• Please try to find out which program is causing the problem. Remove all the tray icon program, antivirus program or disc image software.
    Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:21 AM
  • a clean install is always best, i've had couple of probs when upgrading from xp sp2 to vista beta2

but have had no probs from clean install
    Saturday, August 26, 2006 4:11 PM
  • yes. Pre-RC1 just released. It have made some improvement on upgrade. If you have access to it, you ca also try to use it.
    Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:08 AM
  • Richard,

if i were to upgrade from xp to pre-rc1, will i still be able to roll back to xp in case there is much incompatibility with my existing programs and drivers?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:20 PM
  • No you will not. You will have to format and reinstall XP.
    Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:58 PM
  • No, you cannot roll it back. So, please back up your whole system before upgrade to Pre-RC1!

Once again! ALL BETA and RC is NOT design for production use! Please be aware!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:18 AM
  • i was suspecting of this also...luckily i installed it in another HDD. if now don't want vista and want to "uninstall" it from my other HDD, i simply delete whatever folder that is related to vista? will that clear the dual boot startup also or will it not?

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:18 PM
  • I think not. As Vista changed the boot manager from XP to VIsta.

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:24 PM
  • yes
    Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:56 AM