none
internet explorer has modified this page to prevent cross site scripting, why is this coming up

Question

• internet explorer has modified this page to prevent cross site scripting, why is this coming up all the time on my computer?
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:50 PM

Answers

• This error occurs if “Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Filter” is enabled in Internet Explorer.

You  may go to disable this feature by following the steps mentioned below and then check if the issue is fixed.

a. Open Internet Explorer.

b. Click on Tools and then on Internet Options.

c. Switch to Security tab.

d. Select Internet Zone.

e. Click on Custom Level.

f. Under Scripting, select the radio button “Disable” under Enable XSS filter.

g. Save the changes by clicking on OK.

Reference:

How does Internet Explorer help protect me from cross-site scripting attacks?

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 23, 2011 2:28 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• why is this coiming on my computer all the time, internet explorer has modified this page to prevent cross site scripiting...its driving me nuts and how can i fix this problem, thank you much.

Raelene

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:03 PM
  • This error occurs if “Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Filter” is enabled in Internet Explorer.

You  may go to disable this feature by following the steps mentioned below and then check if the issue is fixed.

a. Open Internet Explorer.

b. Click on Tools and then on Internet Options.

c. Switch to Security tab.

d. Select Internet Zone.

e. Click on Custom Level.

f. Under Scripting, select the radio button “Disable” under Enable XSS filter.

g. Save the changes by clicking on OK.

Reference:

How does Internet Explorer help protect me from cross-site scripting attacks?

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 23, 2011 2:28 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:52 AM
  • I have followed the instructions given on this page, and it's still telling me the same thing.  Anything else I can do?
    Monday, November 25, 2013 3:43 PM
  • If the above tip didn't work, downgrade to internet explorer 9. You will not get that error message ever again.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:09 PM