none
Computer does not boot up after being unplugged and shut down for a while RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I go to boot my computer up after it's been unplugged from the wall outlet for a day it just displays a black screen with absolutely nothing else and it doesn't go any further than that meaning I have to forcefully stop my computer and boot it back up again so it can work. I am using the latest Windows Insider Home preview (build 18346.19h1_release.190222-1556) so if anyone could help me fixing this I'd appreciate.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 4:07 PM

Answers

• Probably, your computer doesn't shutdown correctly.

Sometimes disabling the fast startup feature has helped to solve the problem.

You could test it.

Control Panel --> All Control Panel Items --> Power Options --> System Settings

Uncheck the checkbox "Turn on fast startup".

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:22 PM

All replies

• Probably, your computer doesn't shutdown correctly.

Sometimes disabling the fast startup feature has helped to solve the problem.

You could test it.

Control Panel --> All Control Panel Items --> Power Options --> System Settings

Uncheck the checkbox "Turn on fast startup".

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:22 PM
  • This was actually under Hardware and Sound for me instead of All Control Panel Items and I have managed to disable and will test to see if it changes anything. Thanks for the answer though
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:23 PM
  • I have tried to reproduce the bug today and it was fixed, thank you so much!
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 7:32 PM
  • That's nice to hear that the problem is solved.
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 7:37 PM