none
WINDOWS VISTA REIMAGE RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I would like to completely reimage my windows Vista 64 bit desktop as it is not accepting any updates from microsoft or any other programs, however I do not have the Vista installation CD. Recently I purchased a new laptop and it came with its own Windows 7 installation CD. My question is:

Is it possible to utilize a windows 7 installation cd to reimage a vista machine?

also, I have been finding different cd's for vista, but after reading the description of what they are for, most of them recover the machine back to a point where it was working with out errors. I'm not interested in that, i do not want to recover the machime back to a past point. Instead I would like to wipe it out completely and then do a clean re-istall.

What CD is recomended for this?

Thanx.!!

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, the only officially supported way to do this would be to purchase some valid media.

Unofficially and unfortunately, there are a lot of places on the internet where the media can be downloaded using various methods which I won't go into.  Since you have a legitimate and validly bought license key - and do not want to pay for the replacement media, this will probably be your only choice (that or borrow media from a friend).

Beyond that, contact microsoft support who on occasion have been known to allow access to MSDN versions of the software.

Ben

• Proposed as answer by Ben Bell Monday, November 18, 2013 1:18 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 12:22 PM