none
Ive lost my spooler? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Help,
    I am trying to install my new HP Laser jet 2840 and it comes up with a missing spooler err and a missing .inf file. I then noticed that i no longer have a printer/fax option in the control panel or any ware else for that matter. any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

Bear
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Bear,

The printer related components are corrupt or lost. I suggest that you run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

How to do an in-place upgrade on Windows Vista Ultimate

======================================

NOTE: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=256986

1. Click Start, type: REGEGIT in the Start Search bar and then press Enter. Click Continue if it prompts.

2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

3. Highlight the branch Windows in the left pane.

4. In the right frame we will see the key EditionID. Double click the key.

5. Change the value from "Ultimate" to "Business" and click OK.

6. Exit the Registry Editor.

7. After that registry key is set, put in the Windows Vista installation Media to start the setup process. If you go through the options, it will give an option to upgrade to Vista Ultimate.

8. Select "Upgrade to Vista Ultimate" option and then follow the wizard to complete the in-place upgrade process.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 7:19 AM