none
How to update fractional part of build? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    Our company has old slow computers, for which I do not want to upgrade buld of Windows 10, because:
    a) It will take a lot of time;
    b) It can slow down the work of computers even more;
    c) I am not sure that new build will work stably on the old hardware.
    Of course, I install all the usual updates in order to maintain security at the proper level and receive fixes of known bugs.
    But today, I noticed that the recent critical vulnerability CVE-2020-0601 fix is ​​not installed on some of our computers. It turned out that the KB4534271 update for Windows 10 build 14393 needs the build subversion 3443, but I have 2248. As far as I understand, because of this, my WSUS shows the status "not applicable" for this update and these computers.
    So, the question is this: is it possible to update the build to the last subversion without upgrading the build to new one?

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you running the LTSB edition of Windows 10?

Support for 14393 ended last April, so KB4534271 only applies to LTSB editions

Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:21 PM
  • Hi,

>>So, the question is this: is it possible to update the build to the last subversion without upgrading the build to new one?

No. Since the Support for 14393 has ended last April, so suggest you updating your system manually.

You could download KB4534271 in the link below and then manually build it:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 24, 2020 7:30 AM