none
first time and i have windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a game I have been playing fine and now has started to stop from even playing it through steam! it is saying I have an old version of DirectX (the game is Warhammer 40k 11 Retribution Which says that it requires DirectX 9c) - My Pc has DirectX 12 on it. Can you help with why this has now become a problem?

Many Thanks

simon.x.dawson@hotmail.co.uk

Monday, July 8, 2019 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

Original fix: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/931664-warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-dark-crusade/42772342

Go to your DoW file(where you installed your game, usually the "THQ" folder).

Open the game folder you currently have (e.g. Winter Assault, Dark Crusade)

Open your "Drivers" folder.

Open the "spdx9_config" file.

Scroll down to your appropriate video card (e.g Nvidia, ati).

Find the "allowdevice 0" lines.

Change the "0" to "1" on all the "allowdevice 0" lines.

Save the file as "spdx9_config". You may have to delete the original to do so.

Try running the game.

***Note: Don't include the apostrophes (" "). Disregard them. I only used them as separators.

This got DoW 1.40 disc version running on my windows 10 64bits ! in addition to that i made sure to go on "w40k.exe", click Properties and set compatibility on Win 98.

Also check this:

DirectX issues

https://steamcommunity.com/app/56400/discussions/0/3220528325743454273/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Don't leave your personal contact information here, this is a public forum and everyone will see your post, personal contact information may lead to unexpected trouble.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:09 AM