Exchange in Windows 8 Mail App using Shrewsoft VPN will not connect.

Question

• I moved this post from Microsoft Answers Windows 8 CP after the moderator said that you maybe better suited to assist me.

I can not connect to my company Exchange Server using  Windows 8 Mail App.  I have to use VPN with Shrewsoft on Win 7 for Outlook Exchange to work.  I can establish a VPN connection in Windows 8 no problem.

I am pretty familiar with the server settings.  The IT manager walked me through the first time in one version of Outlook and have been able to do it on two other versions of Outlook and Windows Phone on my own.

The IT manager did tell me our Exchange Server is old. Would that be an issue?  I for got the version.

Has anyone else been successful with this combination?

Thanks

Update:

Finally got around to installing office on Midori,  Outlook to Exchange Server works as usual no problems with VPN Tunnel.  Midori Mail needs fixing I guess!

Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:00 AM

All replies

• Thank you for update, I suggest report this issue to the manufacturer. Also, you could try run application in compatibility mode by follow Troubleshoot Compatibility Issues in Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
    Friday, April 13, 2012 12:38 PM
  • I have the same issue with Windows 8 RTM and the native VPN dialer.  I can connect to any URL via IE and can ping anything.  However, the Mail app won't send and Maps won't download new data when I zoom.  This doesn't appear to be a Shrewsoft issue.

Long story short...Bump!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:59 PM