none
How Can I Reinstall Windows Sidebar again?

Question

• I'd uninstalled Windows Sidebar from my Vista Home Premium
    system. How can i re-install it again?

please help.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hi

Windows Sidebar is not an item that can be uninstalled.

If you mean that you disabled it, go to Start / All Programs / Accessories. Scroll down to Windows Sidebar and click that shortcut.

Windows Sidebar should start. Right click the Windows Sidebar in the Notification Area (by the clock) and select Properties. You will see an option there to start the sidebar when windows starts.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Friday, October 24, 2008 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi

Windows Sidebar is not an item that can be uninstalled.

If you mean that you disabled it, go to Start / All Programs / Accessories. Scroll down to Windows Sidebar and click that shortcut.

Windows Sidebar should start. Right click the Windows Sidebar in the Notification Area (by the clock) and select Properties. You will see an option there to start the sidebar when windows starts.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Friday, October 24, 2008 12:29 AM
  • Somehow my Windows Sidebar got knocked out.  The last most significant event was when I uninstalled a trial Peachtree Accounting 2009.  Anyways, clicking on the Start Menu shortcut does not work, and the icon no longer appears in the Notification Area.  It simply does not start at startup anymore, and refuses to start when clicked manually.  Help.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:02 AM
  •  

I also have the same problem after I uninstalled the Peach tree trial. Someone please help!
    Monday, November 24, 2008 1:48 AM
  • You may have to re-register a related dll file named atl.dll . More here.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:00 PM
  • it does not have anything in the start in box?

Friday, November 28, 2008 5:07 PM
  •  abigail-james wrote:

it does not have anything in the start in box?

You can also click Start / All Programs / Accessories. Right click the Command Prompt and select the Run As Administrator option.

Then follow the instructions on the website that HappyAndyK posted to register that file.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 12:10 AM
  • Was messing around with this on Windows Vista Home Premium.

Was annoying after awhile while surfing so I exited the sidebar from the desktop myself.

Hit the "Windows Key" and "Run" Button to use the command prompt.

Paste This: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe"

Or this:      control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsSidebarProperties

You can configure the side bar's behavior anyway you like.

Also you can click the Help and Support Link and Search Side bar and NFO comes up about it.

Even a link to Make it Viewable Again.

Hope this Helps the lost and confused out there. 8-)

Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:03 AM
  • hi i'm using windows vista and windows sidebar stopped working. i'm getting the black clock. i tried to run the In the Command Prompt window, type the following and press ENTER: regsvr32 msxml3.dll Similarly, run these commands: regsvr32 scrrun.dll regsvr32 jscript.dll i got the dllfilename suceeded but the sidebar still isn't working. please help
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 1:24 AM
  • hi i'm using windows vista and windows sidebar stopped working. i'm getting the black clock. i tried to run the In the Command Prompt window, type the following and press ENTER: regsvr32 msxml3.dll Similarly, run these commands: regsvr32 scrrun.dll regsvr32 jscript.dll i got the dllfilename suceeded but the sidebar still isn't working. please help
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 1:24 AM