none
SCSI card RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone else having a problem with Win7 finding their SCSI card on bootup?

The card works great in Vista but I was unable to do an upgrade on this machine (tried twice) so I had to do a clean install but Win7 doesn't see the Adaptec AHA 2940 SCSI card for some reason.
    It's not mentioned in the compatability list as were the other 2 items that showed up as exclamation marks when I listed Device Manager. One (TVcard) didn't work with Vista and the scanner (Epson) worked after downloading a file.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers

• Try installing the driver through compatibility mode.

Right click installer, go to properties, select compatibility tab, then select xp or vista, dependent on which os the drivers are for. click apply/ok

Thne right click again and select Run as Administrator.

Let us know if it works or not ;)
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:30 PM

All replies

• Try installing the driver through compatibility mode.

Right click installer, go to properties, select compatibility tab, then select xp or vista, dependent on which os the drivers are for. click apply/ok

Thne right click again and select Run as Administrator.

Let us know if it works or not ;)
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:30 PM
  • NeilMacL said:

Anyone else having a problem with Win7 finding their SCSI card on bootup?

The card works great in Vista but I was unable to do an upgrade on this machine (tried twice) so I had to do a clean install but Win7 doesn't see the Adaptec AHA 2940 SCSI card for some reason.
    It's not mentioned in the compatability list as were the other 2 items that showed up as exclamation marks when I listed Device Manager. One (TVcard) didn't work with Vista and the scanner (Epson) worked after downloading a file.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?

Try pointing the W7 installer and/or device manager to the Vista AHA 2940 drivers on install and see if that helps.
    http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/ - https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Aaron.Tiensivu
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:29 PM
    Answerer
  • To get my Adaptec SCSI 2940 (2940W)  to be recognized during a clean Windows 7 install on an XP machine I downloaded the Vista drivers from the Adaptec website http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downloads/ms/ms_win_vista?productId=AHA-2940&dn=AHA-2940 .  After extracting them I changed line 36 of Aic78xx.inf from %ADP%=ADAPTEC,NTx86 to %ADP%=ADAPTEC and line 39 from [ADAPTEC.NTx86] to [ADAPTEC] .  When the Windows 7 installation fails to proceed due to the lack of a 2940 driver, point Load Driver to the modified Aic78xx.inf and accompanying aic78xx.sys and the installation will proceed.  For some reason the Windows 7 installation routine will not recognize the drivers without the inf change above.  I'm running fine with a SCSI system and Windows 7.
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:05 PM
  • Thank you
    Monday, May 10, 2010 8:53 PM