none
wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

using the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit v7.0 (SDK), i compiled the WirelessHostedNetwork Example. I use the Native Wifi Functions in wlanapi.dll.

As in the wireless Hosted Network Example described, I open a "WlanOpenHandle", initialize with "WlanHostedNetworkInitSettings", set the SSID name "SetConnectionSettings" and the password with "SetSecondaryKey".

With "WirelessHostednetworkStartUsing" and "WlanHostedNetworkStopUsing" i can Start / Stop the Virtual AcessPoint. In the Network and Sharing Center there is allways a "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" created.

However, we have the scenario that the computer has more then only one physical WLAN network adapter installed. Therefore we want to assign a certain physical wireless network card to the WirelessHostedNetwork.

Using the "WlanEnumInterfaces" function it is possible to enumerate all physical wireless network cards and its GUID on the computer. However, it has not possible to assign a certain wireless network card to the wlanHandle (I got after "WlanOpenHandle"). It is also required to configure the IP address range of the WirelessHostedNetwork. By default, this is set always to 192.168.173.XXX.        

Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi MatthiasRiek,

Since you compiled the "WirelessHostedNetwork" by yourself, we suggest you post the developing issue to MSDN due to you will get more help from there.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsdesktop/en-us/home?forum=windowssdk

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:12 AM