How do I register my Antivirus program in Windows Security Center ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need help in registering my Antivirus program in windows action center. I am currently using an API call to register with the  Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service.  After I call my function, Action center starts showing my Antivirus program along with my Norton AV, but as soon as I restart security center service (services.msc) my AV entry gets removed from Action center and I have to re create, but Norton AV entry stays, is there a way so my AV entry stays in Action center like other installed antivirus?

Friday, May 6, 2016 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Shashank_raj,

Third party anti-virus, anti-malware, and firewall programs use an API call to register with the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. Action center receives notifications from WMI. Please make sure all the messages are turned on in Action Center settings. If the Action Center cannot detect your anti-virus program, you may need to do something that makes the anti-virus program register with WMI.

In addition, for API issue, we’d suggest you to confirm that in Windows MSDN forum first for good measure.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

The reason why we suggest posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:20 AM