none
How do you ungroup folder contents in Windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Eversince Windows 10, I have not figured out how to ungroup folder contents once they have been grouped, just another feature of Windows 10 that makes no sense and has no ease.

Thanks,

-XP Misser

Friday, May 12, 2017 10:18 PM

All replies

• Hello, 

Eversince Windows 10, I have not figured out how to ungroup folder contents once they have been grouped, just another feature of Windows 10 that makes no sense and has no ease.

Thanks,

-XP Misser

Would you mind give an example ?
    Friday, May 12, 2017 11:03 PM
  • In File Explorer, click View then Options (on the right). On the Folder Options select the View tab, then click Reset Folders. That will reset all folders displays and remove the groupings set on any.
    Saturday, May 13, 2017 11:16 AM
  •  have not figured out how to ungroup folder contents once they have been grouped

Having used it I see a new item added to the Group by list:  (None)   Click on that?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:07 PM
  •  have not figured out how to ungroup folder contents once they have been grouped

Having used it I see a new item added to the Group by list:  (None)   Click on that?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

I had not used it before seeing this post. When I did some clicking earlier I swear that None was not there! Hence my suggestion. Be interesting what the OP says.
    Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:50 PM
  • When I did some clicking earlier I swear that None was not there!
    Exactly.  It's peek-a-boo. Only there when you hope it may be.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, May 13, 2017 11:01 PM
  • Hi ,

On your explorer menu, chose "View", "Group by", and set it back to option "None".

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 15, 2017 5:54 AM
  • This worked perfectly. Thanks!
    Friday, August 24, 2018 2:43 AM
  • Thank you, I would have spent hours looking for that had not for your stellar work here.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:19 PM