none
systemProtection\Bare Metal Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• I can take the Azure VM sytem backup but not getting exact answer , How can restore the sytem backup from Bare metal recovery? Does DPM support the BMR for Azure VM or not as it is protecting the system protection for azure vm? 

Any clear piece on it? 

Friday, September 20, 2019 6:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks Tome, 

If DPM doesn't support recovery of Azure VM from BMR , then what is the use of DPM ? 

As I can see the limitation : 

DPM running as an Azure virtual machine cannot protect on-premise workloads? 

So DPM running as an Azure Virtual machine to protect azure workload , what's the advantage of DPM? 

- Azure VM backup can enabled on azure portal and restore from recovery vault, but what about the data loss if I am running the daily backup every 9pm, if something happen before 9pm I can not restore? 

sorry have lots of question? Thanks for your cooperation.. 

DPM was originally an on-premise backup software, now that the cloud exists for many years, they have simply added the ability and support to backup to the cloud and within the cloud.

Backing up Bare Metal Recovery in any cloud with any backup software is not possible I think, since no WinRE exists.

Yes, there are different alternatives for backing up in Azure:

• Azure VM Backup
    • Azure Backup
    • DPM

Some of these backup alternatives are more suited for backing up within the cloud, others are suited more for on-premises, the choice is yours to choose the product best suited for your needs or your organization.

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Monday, September 23, 2019 7:33 PM

All replies