Can´t turn on hyper-v in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• So i have used hyper v before on my laptop in school, but something broke inside it and i had to have the school fix it. it took about 2 weeks and when i got it back hyper v was gone. I dient  have any problem activating hyper v before but now its inposible. i have done the nessary things in the BIOS but i cant run the powershell command. (Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All). when i run it i get "the registerkey for the konfiguration cannot be read"(i translated it so may not be 100%".

if i try to turn hyper v on from the control panel nothing happens. so control panel > programs > activate or deactivate windows fuktions. i can check the box for hyper v and i can see that evryting is checkt. it says "the changes are done, to complete restart the pc". i restart and nothing has changed. i cant understand why. I need hyper v for school. so i need to fix it fast 

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:52 AM

All replies

• Try a System File Check see if helps.

Sometimes there are no easy quick ways to fix Hyper-V issues of installing, so you maybe out of luck.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to run following command  to check system files and recovery corrupted files, here are steps:

1. Open Command Prompt (as administrator).

2. Type  DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then press Enter.

Please try to run systeminfo command in Command Prompt. It will show the Hyper-V Requirements.

If you run systeminfo on an existing Hyper-V host, the Hyper-V Requirements section will show you: Hyper-V Requirements: A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V are not be displayed.

Here is a link for your reference.

Windows 10 Hyper-V System Requirements:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/reference/hyper-v-requirements

Please also try to re-enable Hyper-V. Here is link.

Install Hyper-V on Windows 10:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:09 AM
  • thanks for the help but it still doent work. at all. i follow the manual (here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v) i try evry single way to activate it but nothing. Can you download hyper v from somewhere?
    Friday, May 4, 2018 12:00 PM
  • Hi,

If you have the windows 10 iso file or installation media, please try to take following steps to see if it can work.

1. Right-click on it Windows ISO file and select Mount.

2. Find the sxs folder. Copy this folder to any drive which is not system root drive, e.g. D: drive.

3. Open PowerShell (as administrator), type following command.

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-hyper-v-all /All /LimitAccess /Source:<SXS Folder location> (press Enter)

for example: dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-hyper-v-all /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sxs  (press Enter)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Vera Hu Monday, May 7, 2018 10:01 AM
    Monday, May 7, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Come to the same issue after 1903 update. All methods suggested here have no effect on the applications.

Virtual Box says 
    VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)

Result Code: 
    E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Component: 
    ConsoleWrap
    Interface: 
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Android Device manager from Visual Studio 2019 CE says:
    Turn on "Windows Hypervisor Platform" feature to switch to the Native Hypervisor and accelerate your emulator.
    • Edited by AlexZu01 Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:55 PM
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:28 PM
  • what version of windows 10 are u using. if it is home edition then hyper-v is not supported.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/reference/hyper-v-requirements

Sunday, August 9, 2020 12:06 AM