Windows 8.1 continually freezes up, BSOD Memory_management

Question

• I am running 8.1, and ever since the update, my computer will begin freezing up every couple of hours and finally requires me to just manually cycle power. Many times, a BSOD Memory_Management occurs, which causes the computer to crash while in windows or more frequently after a manual power cycle before windows even loads. 

Lenovo IdeaPad y500

16gb Ram

1tb HHD, 16gb SSD

Intel core i7-3632qm

Nvida GeForce gt650m (and 2 in SLI when i plug in the second one, but it happens either way)

Heres my dumps: http://sdrv.ms/13jrUpW

thanks to anyone who can help. ALSO I am running process lasso, could this interfere?

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:08 PM

Answers

• DA

This one crash was Related memory corruption probably caused by your LhdX64.sys HD Disk Driver from Lenovo.  Yours is 3+ years old.  I would update to the newest driver available.

BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, ffffe00017da0040, fffff8005118b980}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LhdX64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LhdX64.sys
    Can't retrieve thread context, Win32 error 0n30
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption

If you continue to crash upload the new DMP files

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:24 PM

All replies

• DA

This one crash was Related memory corruption probably caused by your LhdX64.sys HD Disk Driver from Lenovo.  Yours is 3+ years old.  I would update to the newest driver available.

BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, ffffe00017da0040, fffff8005118b980}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LhdX64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LhdX64.sys
    Can't retrieve thread context, Win32 error 0n30
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption

If you continue to crash upload the new DMP files

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:24 PM
  • I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers (my computer is saying they are up to date and lenovo has no new ones on their site), but other lenovo users on different laptops have talked about this problem on the forums and I'll look into that as well. 

However, this computer model is less than a year old, so this is strange.

Also, another problem I have are that device manager will never finish a scan for new hardware, which may or may not be related

EDIT: and it also won't uninstall this driver
    • Edited by DerekAwesome Friday, July 26, 2013 10:35 PM bacon
    Friday, July 26, 2013 10:32 PM
  • This is the most updated driver there is. From 2006. Awesome. Anything else you could find? could my hard drive be corrupt?
    Friday, July 26, 2013 11:05 PM
  • If the file is the newest you can re-install it in compatibility mode.

To Run in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:15 AM