none
Driver for intel cs330 webcam on windows 7

Question

• HI I have a great old webcam a Intel CS330, but i have just bought a new computer and its runing windows 7 and i cant seem to find a driver for it :( Could you please tell me where i may get this from if it is avalible or if it will be anytime soon.

Thank You
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Intel CS330 is not supported on Windows 7. You can try loading the XP driver for this cam, but it may not work properly.

Thanks,
    Chris [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, February 12, 2010 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The Intel CS330 is not supported on Windows 7. You can try loading the XP driver for this cam, but it may not work properly.

Thanks,
    Chris [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, February 12, 2010 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:55 PM
  • Thank you chris, I tried it but it didt wiork:( any other sugestions? as the camers is way better than some that are on the market.

thanks again
    Friday, February 12, 2010 7:50 AM
  • I searched for a newer driver, but it looks like one does not exist. If you have the Professional or Ultimate SKU, you can try running it in XP mode. Otherwise I'm afraid the only option is to use a cam with Win7 support.

Thanks,
    Chris [MSFT]
    Friday, February 12, 2010 3:55 PM
  • Abby I agree with you I have this cam too and it is a lot better than most you can buy today. Have you had anymore luck getting it to work? I assume you are running Win 7 x64, because I was able to get it run plug and play with Win 7 32bit.
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:46 AM
  • I was having this same issue and found a solution. I was thrilled when I upgraded to 7, until I found out that MANY drivers and applications are just not compatible. BUT....here's the loophole: you can set the program to run in Windows Vista compatibility mode and it WILL work. To do this: 1) Download the driver utility (CS330.exe in this case) to your desktop. Note: I used the CS330 driver for Windows XP and am running 64 bit Windows 7 on my computer. 2) Right click on the icon and select "Restore Previous Versions" 3) Select the "Compatibility" tab. 4) Check the box for "Compatibility Mode" and select "Windows Vista (Service pack 2) from the drop-down menu. 5) Click "Apply" and then "Ok" 6) Reboot your computer and click on the icon to install. Follow instructions given on the screen. Hope this helps!
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:43 PM
  • I was having this same issue and found a solution. I was thrilled when I upgraded to 7, until I found out that MANY drivers and applications are just not compatible. BUT....here's the loophole: you can set the program to run in Windows Vista compatibility mode and it WILL work. To do this: 1) Download the driver utility (CS330.exe in this case) to your desktop. Note: I used the CS330 driver for Windows XP and am running 64 bit Windows 7 on my computer. 2) Right click on the icon and select "Restore Previous Versions" 3) Select the "Compatibility" tab. 4) Check the box for "Compatibility Mode" and select "Windows Vista (Service pack 2) from the drop-down menu. 5) Click "Apply" and then "Ok" 6) Reboot your computer and click on the icon to install. Follow instructions given on the screen. Hope this helps!
    I tried this, doesn't want to find the driver in the c:/temp/cs330-xp dir
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:15 PM
  • I tried this.

http://driverwhiz.com/driversflipped-en?brand=Intel%20Camera&logo=Intel&subid=1002-us-en-90000000414&gclid=CIOdmd_b5qgCFWNx5QodcDKWCg

I have the same problem.  Above link is disappeared.  Could you send it to me?

Thaks in advance.

Albert.shyu@hp.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:51 AM
  • I just updated my old Dell Computer to Windows 7 and my camera is working fine, at least for stuff like Windows Live Messenger. If you are trying to use the old programs for doing stuff to your pictures taken with the camera, I don't know how to help, but what happened when I installed Windows 7 is that it came back saw the thing connect to the computer when the install was complete and Windows Driver Update installed a driver called INTEL USB VIDEO CAMMERA III

Anyway I hope this helps, all thought a little late for all of the post here. Only reason I found this is I was trying to see of I could find an actual driver for the Intel CS330 WebCam. But haven't had any luck. But it works, or at least on the test I did setting up Windows Live Messenger anyway. I haven't actually tried doing a video chat with anyone yet. But in the test it showed me anyway.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:13 AM