none
Wireless card not recognized

Question

• I just upgraded to Windows 7 and my computer will not recognize my wireless card.  I am using a Compaq Presario V2000CTO.
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:09 AM

Answers

• The latest driver can be downloaded from the following website. However, since it is for Windows XP, it may be not compatible with Windows 7 RC. You may give it a try. If it does not work, I am afraid that the network adapter will not work with Windows 7 RC.

Compaq Presario V2000 CTO Notebook PC | Microsoft Windows XP 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:57 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2009 8:51 AM

All replies

• The latest driver can be downloaded from the following website. However, since it is for Windows XP, it may be not compatible with Windows 7 RC. You may give it a try. If it does not work, I am afraid that the network adapter will not work with Windows 7 RC.

Compaq Presario V2000 CTO Notebook PC | Microsoft Windows XP 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:57 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2009 8:51 AM
  • I cannot connect via wifi either
    it doesnt show any wireless connections or does not even see the wifi router
    Monday, June 22, 2009 9:28 AM
  • Hi Spot,
     Which wireless card is installed in the laptop, HP/Compaq list a few for that unit, have you tried installing the Adapter User Interface in compatability mode?

I am running a Broadcom 802.11g card in my Acer without a problem, search for Vista/Win7 drivers for the actual WLAN card and install those, I did have problems with Intels 2915ABG card so I swapped it out for the broadcom, does the Laptop have a wireless on/off button, have you tried it to see what happens?

Regards Fagan

Monday, June 22, 2009 11:32 AM