Windows hangs after today's update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone. Today at the morning when i sit to the computer, I've noticed that windows installed some updates. I started using PC like always and after a while my PC hang when i tried to access PDF file. I rebooted PC but from that time my PC doesn't boot. It hangs on windows logo. I tried safe mode, hangs as well on file classpnp.sys

To test a PC, I've booted linux knoppix from USB drive and it works perfectly. So it's not a hardware issue. I think the problem it's related to windows update installed this morning. Any help will be appreciated.

• Edited by Pichulec Saturday, January 31, 2015 10:13 AM
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 9:55 AM

Answers

• Problem solved after running sfc check from Windows DVD (corrupted files found and fixed). Thx for all replys guys ;)
    • Marked as answer by Pichulec Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:56 PM
    • Edited by Pichulec Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:57 PM
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:56 PM

All replies

• Try following the information on the following page on "How do I start the computer using Last Known Good Configuration" 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/using-last-known-good-configuration

If that doesn't work, try booting from either your Windows disk or a system repair disk that you have created and use System Restore to restore to a time before you installed the updates. See:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/what-are-system-recovery-options
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:36 AM
  • Last known configuration doesn't work, I've tried already. 

I think it maybe something related to file integrity as well, because hdd led it's light up all the time when windows logo appears and computer hangs.

Saturday, January 31, 2015 1:47 PM
  • Please try System Restore.

Note that you may be able to access System Restore by using the F8 Advanced Boot Option : "Repair your computer"
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:42 PM
  • You may need to do repair operating system after boot from Windows installation DVD .

There is diagnostics, namely you can log boot processes (F8), then read log file in Knoppix (hope it has ntfs support).

Seems like you have made optional update(s) that may rewrite some driver(s). It is interesting that safe boot does not lead you to working system. Which safe boot has you used? Safe boot with network may cause problems, if NICs driver has been rewritten (incorrectly).

Regards,

Milos

Saturday, January 31, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Problem solved after running sfc check from Windows DVD (corrupted files found and fixed). Thx for all replys guys ;)
    • Marked as answer by Pichulec Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:56 PM
    • Edited by Pichulec Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:57 PM
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:56 PM