none
How Can I Get My Volume Driver Back - It Has Dissappeared AGAIN!!!

Question

• I've had this problem before, the volume driver and audio sound card disappear.  I've saved this numerous times but it goes away sometimes and I have to search and search to find the download to reinstall it.  I'm running Windows XP.  I get the message from my MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (code 12) telling me if I want to use it I need to disable another drive, but...which one?  I finally deleted it and now cannot figure out how or where to get

Please help.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:30 PM

All replies

• First reboot your device.  Sometimes the dirver will self reinstall.  

If that doesn't work, go into Start/Settings/Control Panel and select the Sound and Audio Devices.  Then select the Audio Tab to see what is installed.  You may need to reinstall your sound driver.

Let me know how your system is once you've reinstalled the sound driver.

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Thanks for your response, but I don't know how to reinstall my sound driver.  I have no audio device.  It just disappeared.  I have rebooted, restored the system to an earlier time to no avail.  I have a laptop and I do not know where my sound card is.  This laptop is still under warranty, should I take it to the Geek Squad and have them do this so I can quit pulling out my hair?  I really have fixed this problem before but forgot how.

Thanks again for you assistance.

Sissy
    Friday, March 27, 2009 2:24 PM
  • i am having the same problem. have you figered it out yet?
    • Proposed as answer by newestpro Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:16 PM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:16 PM