none
Unable to Use Digital Copy of DVD Movie Windows 7

Question

• I have a Sony pc (Sony Vaio vgn-NW270f; comes with a Blu Ray drive) that I purchased less than a month ago.  It came with Windows 7 and Windows Media Player (version 12.0.7600.16415).  I recently purchased a Blu Ray DVD that came with a digital copy of the movie.  The Blu Ray plays fine in my computer.  However, I cannot get the digital copy of the movie to work in Windows Media Player.  When I follow the onscreen instructions to start transferring, I get this message "Message from Web Page
    Warning – this software requires Windows XP or Windows Vista to operate correctly"

I have done all the Windows updates except for two optional updates (Microsoft Silverlight KB974331 and Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatability View List for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems KB975364).  What do I need to do to make this work?
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 10:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Elsieother,

Digital Copy is not a Microsoft Product, we do not have more information on it.

Digital Copy compatibility varies by studio. For technical support, visit the following sites:

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Wednesday, December 30, 2009 6:24 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 2:55 AM
  • Did you ever get a fix for this?  I have the same issue.  Im running win7 64 Thanks
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:14 AM
  • I can not download a digital copy from Warner Bro's on to the OS Win 8.  The message I get is that I need Windows XP or better to continue download.  I thought Win 8 was the latest and greatest...guess not.
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:12 AM