none
Upgrading from Windows 7 32bit to 64bit.

Question

• I Wanted to ask if I Can Upgrade from windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit.

And what system requirements do i need. 

I would like also to ask if this system requirements will do for my Windows & 32-bit to be Upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit.

Processor:  Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU T4500 @ 2,30 GHz

Installed Memory(RAM): 3.00 GB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

thank you.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:42 PM

Answers

• There is no upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit.  64-bit requires a clean install of the Windows 7 system.

The real question is whether your system was designed to support 64-bit.  Does the system manufacturer have 64-bit drivers for all the hardware and functions of your system?  You need to check the manufacturer's website and check if they are providing all the drivers necessary for your system to be fully functional.  Windows 7 will not have all your system drivers.

The main item to consider is whether you can increase the system memory.  3GB is enough to run 64-bit, but more RAM would enhance the performance of the system.

You should also run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:46 PM