how to activate windows 8 pro

• Hi guys I need a help with my issue and I was hoping you will help me with this so .... let's beguine ....

My original OS was windows 7 HP but then I upgraded to Windows 8 RP but it doesn't worked well on my pc cause many apps did not worked so I just downloaded the windows 8 pro but not from Microsoft anyway it's the same windows 8 pro as those in the store accept for product key what I need ... Now my problem is I have windows 8 without the key and yesterday I was even trying to bought it but I didn't cause I don't know where and also how I should do it ... yeah and but the way I downloaded the upgrade assist and showed my that there is some problem with my country but I don't think this is the problem cause I living in Toronto so.... please guys help me out of this ? ...

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can download the upgrade assistant and follow the wizard to purchase the license.

Regarding installation, you can use your own iso to perform upgrade.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Now I have purchased windows 8 pro key via W8upgrade assistant(in my laptop running win 7 ultimate)...My internet speed is not sufficient to download the W8 installation package... my friend has W8 ISO image in thumbdrive...So I'm gonna get that copy from him and use the key I purchased...So this is not a fresh install...right?!
    Bcos W8upgrade.asst has detected the previous OS,while buying key...?!
    And how to check W8 is both activated and validated?? Suppose if i need to format and re-install,can I directly boot from Thumbdrive (W8 ISO) or install the W7 ultimate,get it activated and then W8? (Bcos the key is for upgrading)
    Pls help...pls!!

Please reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate first and activate it, then upgrade to Windows 8.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:57 AM