none
Catalyst Radeon 9250 driver issues in Windows 7 RC

Question

• I have just moved from XP Professional to Windows 7 RC 32-bit (build 7100). Every driver is up to date and functional, with the exception of my Radeon 9250. I tried looking for Vista drivers, but i could not find any. I have tried to install the latest Catalyst suite (v 9.9), but it does not appear to work properly. I have also forced windows to accept XP drivers, but i still have the BSOD upon shutdown or reboot.

ATI Display Driver - 8.252-060503a.038185C-ATI
    ATI Catalyst Control Center - 1.2.2314.20337
    ATI Catalyst Install Manager - 3.0.741.0
    ATI Catalyst Software Uninstall Utility - 6.14.10.1014

This is information is what is currently installed in my 'Programs and Features' list. If more information is required, please let me know where i can find it.
    I also had installed software from http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download
    I realised this software was not helpful and have since uninstalled it.
    Thanks
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:15 AM

Answers

• If you intend to use VISTA or Windows 7  GIVE UP ON your ATI 9250 or any other older video cards. they only work right with XP, NT2k, ME Win98-95.
     it's an issue with the VPU. it's the reason there are no updated drivers. 
    I went thru this problem when VISTA was first released.
    (ATI 9600 Or higher) AND (Nvidia 5200 or higher) function right with the AERO feature.
    there are some WDM driver updates from microsoft but the AERO feature is disabled because the card's VPU 
    doen't meet the requirments for AERO

I'm just as frustrated. I have 2 - ATI 9250 ALL IN WONDER I can only use with Windows 2000.
    On Windows XP the SP2, the TV Tuner and Video input tend to malfunction,
    it's A binding issue with it's Drivers. 
    XP-SP3 they don't work at all.

personally I think they're only trying to force all of us to spend more $$$  to update our hardware.
    I had to purchase new video cards to use VISTA.
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, October 07, 2009 1:22 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:57 AM
  • Hi insane86_69,

According to RADEON 9200 SERIES Specifications, ATI Radeon 9250 does not support Windows Vista and later operating systems. Therefore, you may have to replace your video card to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Regards,

Linda

Friday, October 02, 2009 3:02 AM

All replies

• If you intend to use VISTA or Windows 7  GIVE UP ON your ATI 9250 or any other older video cards. they only work right with XP, NT2k, ME Win98-95.
     it's an issue with the VPU. it's the reason there are no updated drivers. 
    I went thru this problem when VISTA was first released.
    (ATI 9600 Or higher) AND (Nvidia 5200 or higher) function right with the AERO feature.
    there are some WDM driver updates from microsoft but the AERO feature is disabled because the card's VPU 
    doen't meet the requirments for AERO

I'm just as frustrated. I have 2 - ATI 9250 ALL IN WONDER I can only use with Windows 2000.
    On Windows XP the SP2, the TV Tuner and Video input tend to malfunction,
    it's A binding issue with it's Drivers. 
    XP-SP3 they don't work at all.

personally I think they're only trying to force all of us to spend more $$$  to update our hardware.
    I had to purchase new video cards to use VISTA.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:57 AM
  • Hi insane86_69,

According to RADEON 9200 SERIES Specifications, ATI Radeon 9250 does not support Windows Vista and later operating systems. Therefore, you may have to replace your video card to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Regards,

Linda

Friday, October 02, 2009 3:02 AM