none
Unable to add clock Gadget RRS feed

• Question

• The clock gadget used to work well. Then, it disappeared and I am now unable to add it again. The other gadgets work well.

Saturday, July 28, 2018 6:06 AM

All replies

• You could try to test the following steps.

Open an elevated command prompt as Administrator.

Run the following commands.

•taskkill /im sidebar.exe /f
    •regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    •regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    •regsvr32 jscript.dll
    •regsvr32 atl.dll
    •Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sbdrop.dll"
    •Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\wlsrvc.dll"
    •reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones" /f
    •"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe"

Then restart the computer.

Source:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/140358-gadgets-not-displaying-correctly-windows-7-fix.html?ltr=G

Saturday, July 28, 2018 1:48 PM
  • Hi JoyForLife, 

Here is a similar thread which the user shared what he did to add clock gadget, please check if it works on your side. (Source: Can't add clock gadget to desktop - SOLVED!)

1) Right clicking the desktop and going to "View" to see if there was a check mark next to "Show desktop gadgets", yes the check mark was there.

2) Making sure that User Account Control (UAC) was NOT set to lowest setting, mine was set at 3/4.

3) Check in "Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off" and make sure that there is a check mark next to "Windows Gadget Platform". The check mark was there.

4) Hit the Windows key and type in "Gadgets", choose "Restore desktop gadgets installed with Windows". This brought back the clock in the Gadget Gallery BUT I could not drag it out of the Gallery nor could I right click the clock and choose "Add".

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 30, 2018 3:02 AM
  • I did all that and still cannot add clock gadget.
    Sunday, June 23, 2019 2:39 AM