Remote powershell and federation services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My infrastructure looks:

• Server 1 (internal and external network): Web Application Proxy
    • Server 2 (only external network): DS, CA, FS

I try to configure Azure AD Connect to links Federation Services and Microsoft 365.

Im not able to do that because on Server 2 not work Remote Powershell.

When i try to run command "enable-psremoting –force" i get error:

remove-item : Access is denied.
    At line:69 char:21
    + ...                   remove-item -path "$securityIDPath" -recurse -force
    +                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Remove-Item], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand

What is important this error appear only when federation server is installed.

I try to perform this command before install FS it work correctly.

If i remove FS and try to use command works correctly.

So the question is what happen and how to solve this issue. This error block me installation of Azure AD Connect.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:34 PM

All replies

• I am seeing the same behavior on a 2019 Server with ADFS installed.  Is there a known workaround for this?

I am also unable to add the ADFS server into Server Manager from my DC. From there I get a Kerberos error.

Thanks,

BG

• Edited by BGMSFT Friday, March 13, 2020 1:57 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2020 1:55 PM
  • Also, I'd encourage you to post your message in the new platform: https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/adfs.html

It will increase its visibility and will also allow you to post the message with the ADFS tag as well as other Azure AD related tags at the same time. It's like you would be posting your message in multiple forum at a time. So large audience.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, March 13, 2020 4:18 PM