none
Issues activating windows 7 on computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have a license key for windows 7 professional 32bit I obtained free of charge as a Computer Science student at my University. I was recently given a Dell that came with Vista. I installed Win7 with my key on it 2 days ago but have run into probles with it crashing periodically (possibly bad memory or video device) so I have installed it on one of my other older computers that use to have linux on it and intend to install linux on the Dell. However when I just installed 7 on my older computer and went to activate it, it gave me error code "0xc004c008". I was also given a 64bit key that I was able to transfer from an old gaming computer to my new i5 build no problem so I didn't think there was an issue with transfering the key from one computer to another as long as the old one is wiped of the install..... (I did read that it may be because it's trying to be activated again within 2 days...?)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hi NoleLife,

Try manually activate it via telephone. Follow these:

1. Press the Winodws Logo key + R. This will bring up the Run dialog box.

2. In the Open: box, type slui4 and press OK. This will start the manuall activation wizard.

3. Select your Country in the drop down menu and click Next.

4. The wizard will display a Toll Free phone number. Leave the wizard open on the computer and call that phone number.

Follow any of the recorded instructions. If this activation fails, stay on the line until a live Activation Representative answers. This representative will manually activate that system for you.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:26 AM