none
How can I increase my usable RAM to 4GB in Windows 7 - 32bit?

Question

• I have a laptop (Acer 5741G) with 4 GB RAM. I run Windows 7 32bit

>ControlPanel >System shows that: Installed Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB (2.53 GB usable).

I found some patches for Windows 7 and applied them to my system and now it shows this : Installed Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB(3.87 GB usable)

I want to know is there any solution for get 4.00 GB usable in Windows 7 32bit?

my video card is Geforce GT 320M with 1024MB Dedicated (No Share) RAM.
    Also You can Check my laptop specification:Acer 5741G

Link of patch file :http://www.tarfandestan.com/files/Patch-3-Windows-Vista-and-7.zip

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:54 PM

Answers

• Hi farhad2161,

This issue occurs because the available system RAM on a 32-bit computer is reduced to allow space within the first 4 GB of address space for PCI hardware configuration requirements. This behavior is expected on 32-bit computers that have 4 GB of RAM installed.

For more information, you can refer to this thread: 32 Bit Windows 7 and 4 gigabytes of RAm

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:29 AM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi farhad2161,

This issue occurs because the available system RAM on a 32-bit computer is reduced to allow space within the first 4 GB of address space for PCI hardware configuration requirements. This behavior is expected on 32-bit computers that have 4 GB of RAM installed.

For more information, you can refer to this thread: 32 Bit Windows 7 and 4 gigabytes of RAm

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:29 AM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:57 AM
  • Hi farhad2161,

To get 3.87GB out of 4GB is probably the best that you can get per Linda Yan's post on a 32-bit system. You may have hurt overall performance with the "patch"

Right-click the desktop and install the CPU meter gadget and observe the memory usage in realtime. You won't even get close to ever using the entire 4GB unless you are editing videos or a cad item.

Don't get concerned about the issue unless you begin to experience performance issues.

Allowing Windows 7 to use the ram for system resources definitely helps overall performance.

A faster processor or one with more L2 cache and a faster hard drive (7200rpm vs. 5400rpm) will increase the performance more than memory.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:04 PM