none
Windows Media Player is not installed properly. Reinstall the Player.

Question

• I use Windows XP....

I started receiving this message after trying  to fix an OverDrive Media Console issue in which I have to go to "Windows Media Player Security Update".

I tried removing and reinstalling Media Player 11, which still displayed the error message.  

I tried rollback with Media Player to version 9, and the error message still displayed.

I updated windows media player back to 11, but the message still displayed. I uninstalled Windows Media player again, and completely re installed it directly from Microsoft (instead of re-selecting the same old downloaded .exe file).

I AM STILL HAVING THIS ISSUE. I need this to get fixed, and I am appalled to learn that it costs $50 to call or email Microsoft for an issue that is clearly a problem they have. If I downloaded Windows Media player 11 directly from Microsoft.com and the file isn't corrupted, why would it not install properly??? 

I need help NOW, please....

Monday, April 02, 2012 6:26 PM

All replies

• Try performing an integrity check of the system files: open a command prompt window and run the following command

sfc /scannow

Wait for the end and reboot your system.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

Monday, April 02, 2012 9:39 PM