none
Wifi connections for after hours updates RRS feed

• Question

• My company is moving to WiFi only and we run updates nightly.  Users log in then authenticate to the wifi.  The problem I have is after the computers logged into then are connected to WiFi.  After updates the computer reboots then no user is logged in.  How do I continue doing updates to the computer if its not connected to the network anymore.  

Is there a way to have to wifi connect without a normal user? aka. A generic one that only enable the computer wifi connection to continue updates.

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>>Is there a way to have to wifi connect without a normal user?

I am afraid there is no way could achieve it. 

Just as an authenticated wired client must submit a set of credentials to be validated before being allowed to send frames over the wired Ethernet intranet. An IEEE 802.1X wireless client must also perform authentication prior to being able to send traffic over its wireless access point (AP) port, and over the network.

For your reference:

802.1X Authenticated Wireless Access Overview

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:18 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:00 AM