none
Enhance Your Photo feature not working in Photos app. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Recently the "Enhance your photo" feature in Photos App stopped working. The slider moves but does nothing to the picture. I tried resetting and reinstalling app, system restore, updating, resetting etc. Nothing seem to fix it.

I have posted this on the Feedback Hub and Microsoft Community but have not had any response in over a week, neither have all the other people having the same issue.

Can someone please tell me if Microsoft are aware of this problem and are working on a fix?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Try adding Photos Media Engine add-on and see if that works. You'll find this add-on in Microsoft Store. Some users have fixed the issue, using this solution.

Good luck!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:22 PM
  • Thanks for your quick reply. I have searched the Microsoft Store but there are no results for Photos Media Engine so I googled it and several websites discuss it with a link to it, but when I click on the links it comes up as a bad request or service unavailable. Do you have any links that work please?
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:55 PM
  • Okay, it seems search doesn't finds it. Please try this direct link for the add-on:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PLK42WD0RC0

Hope this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.AryaMVP Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:38 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 4:07 PM
  • Thank you so much! I am delighted to say that this feature is now working again and I can get on with using it to edit photos for my online store. I had to rsort to using other photo editing programs but none are a patch on this app for quick one-touch editing. Well done Microsoft, I hope it continues to operate as it should.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 7:28 PM
  • Glad to hear your issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:58 AM