none
Bluetooth Service not starting (Bluetooth Support Service) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there.

I've recently tried to use my bluetooth to connect my wiimote. I'm using BlueSoleil 6. It worked perfectly until today where I kept getting the error that the service is not working. So I looked into Services, wherw Bluetooth Support Service is disabled. Whenever I try to start it I get an error that the path cannot be found.

So I searched around where I found this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895561

Backed up my registry then tryed the registry thingy, it allowed me to start the service but bluetooth STILL didn't work, and when I tried to set it to Automatic I got the same error.

Help please?

Naartjie

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there any newly installed program? Since the issue occurs recently, system restore can be under consideration.

If any antiviros software installed, update the definition and perform a full scan. Or perform a free PC scan online.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:03 AM

All replies

• Perhaps your Bluetooth device is not functioning or is not turned on.

For example, on my laptop the touch switch that turns on Bluetooth radio is shared with Wireless card.

I have to download and run the HP Wireless Assistant application.

The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that shows the status of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that provides the ability to control the radios for these wireless devices.

Friday, July 23, 2010 9:10 PM
  • Hello there.

I've recently tried to use my bluetooth to connect my wiimote. I'm using BlueSoleil 6. It worked perfectly until today where I kept getting the error that the service is not working. So I looked into Services, wherw Bluetooth Support Service is disabled. Whenever I try to start it I get an error that the path cannot be found.

So I searched around where I found this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895561

Backed up my registry then tryed the registry thingy, it allowed me to start the service but bluetooth STILL didn't work, and when I tried to set it to Automatic I got the same error.

Help please?

Naartjie

This issue is affected by the 32-bit shell extensions for 3rd party progs - r&r the.dll
    ncpdca iafa oh ohs rp tp crp sys req scsi blu
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:43 AM
  • Ah, so its BlueSoleil causing the issues? I tried uninstalling, but I had the same problem with the Windows Bluetooth stack. So I installed again. Is there a way to fix it or do I have no Bluetooth until all eternity?
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any newly installed program? Since the issue occurs recently, system restore can be under consideration.

If any antiviros software installed, update the definition and perform a full scan. Or perform a free PC scan online.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:03 AM