none
No support for HD-Audio (KB888111)?

Question

• When testing SP3-RC I found that there was no support for HD-Audio (the well-known KB888111 patch). Is this really true?

Andreas
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Andreas,

There are currently no plans to support HD Audio by default in XP SP3.  However, there are currently plans in the works regarding a separate compatibility fix for HD Audio Drivers for XP SP3 users. Thanks!
    Friday, December 21, 2007 8:32 PM

All replies

• I see no evidence that HD Audio support exists, there's no Hdaudbus.sys or Hdaudio.sys or any of the other files.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:17 AM
  • This could be a real pain as I have a large number of Dell Optiplex 745 systems that need this. I had to install KB835221.exe on these systems to be able to install the SoundMax drivers.

I'm not sure if/how KB835221.exe differs from KB888111.exe

• Proposed as answer by panavun Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:18 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:24 PM
  •  

It works fine.

Ive got a dell Dimension 5150/e510 and HD audio works fine in SP3

• Proposed as answer by panavun Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:22 PM
    Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:40 PM
  •  

I am having the same experiance as you are. The RC of SP3 does not include the kb888111 and dus not allow it to be installed afterwards...
    Friday, December 21, 2007 7:27 PM
  • Hello Andreas,

There are currently no plans to support HD Audio by default in XP SP3.  However, there are currently plans in the works regarding a separate compatibility fix for HD Audio Drivers for XP SP3 users. Thanks!
    Friday, December 21, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Realtek is auto-installing this driver (as needed) in their sound driver setup - working fine here!
    Saturday, December 22, 2007 11:20 PM
  • Hi Seth,
    I shall be thanful if Microsoft would change their mind and include HD audio drivers with SP3. There are hardware related developments took place over a period of time and Microsoft has implmented in the past say for instance Windows XP SP 1 introduced USB 2.0 support. We respect Mirosoft and my humble request is that please include HD audio drivers with forthcoming releases. Thanks in advance.
    Friday, December 28, 2007 1:14 PM
  •  Umapathyxp wrote:
    Hi Seth,
    I shall be thanful if Microsoft would change their mind and include HD audio drivers with SP3. There are hardware related developments took place over a period of time and Microsoft has implmented in the past say for instance Windows XP SP 1 introduced USB 2.0 support. We respect Mirosoft and my humble request is that please include HD audio drivers with forthcoming releases. Thanks in advance.

Hi Umapathy,

If you had HD audio drivers installed before installing XP SP3-RC, you would not face any problems. The drivers would work as usual.

Once XP SP3 is released, the HD audio hotfix (KB888111) would be installable on XP SP3.

Thanks,

-Saravana

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:36 PM
  • Hi Saravana,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a lengthy but Ok for me for the time being. Well  there are drawbacks. For instance if some body wants to try XP SP3 on a brand new computer with High Definition Audio then that person need to install the Windows XP integrated SP2 and then all the drivers and then he will upgrade with XP 3. That way the person need to spend more time. Wouldn't it be easier for the end users if microsoft pack HD audio drivers with XP SP3 and not as a separate hot fix.

Regards
    R. Umapathy
    Friday, December 28, 2007 5:58 PM
  •  Umapathyxp wrote:
    Hi Saravana,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a lengthy but Ok for me for the time being. Well  there are drawbacks. For instance if some body wants to try XP SP3 on a brand new computer with High Definition Audio then that person need to install the Windows XP integrated SP2 and then all the drivers and then he will upgrade with XP 3. That way the person need to spend more time. Wouldn't it be easier for the end users if microsoft pack HD audio drivers with XP SP3 and not as a separate hot fix.

Regards
    R. Umapathy

thats not corrent so, u can integrate sp3 with sp1-cd or sp2-cd, then install it on your system.

until kb888111 updated, u can extract the the hotfix and point this folder, if pci-device found.

it will install and detect hdaudio device then u can install your realtek drivers.

i have unattended it with winnt.sif and have no problems after installing xp. the device installs correctly.

OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\CPU;DRIVERS\SMBUS;DRIVERS\NVATA;DRIVERS\NVRAID;DRIVERS\ETHERNET;
    DRIVERS\HDAUDIO;DRIVERS\HDAUDIO\SOURCE;DRIVERS\DISPLAY;DRIVERS\CAM;DRIVERS\VIDEO"

in /drivers/hdaudio is the kb888111 extracted package and in

drivers/hdaudio/source are the needed hdaudio drivers from vendor.

this is the best way to add hdaudio device drivers !!!

when kb888111 updated, i will replace the drivers/hdaudio Wink

hope this was helpful

Saturday, December 29, 2007 1:28 PM
  • I fully support Umapathyxp's statement.

In a way, I know to include every drivers patches into SP3, its size will increase greatly for everyone. But I hope Microsoft will make KB888111 easy for end users to integrate or slipstream into a WinXP CD slipstreamed with SP3. Don't let end users extract KB888111, edit Winnt.sif, Dosnet.inf, Svcpack.inf and does the integration ourselves. It wasn't fun fixing or playing with computer at work and even at home.

Umapathyxp wrote:
    Hi Saravana,

Wouldn't it be easier for the end users if microsoft pack HD audio drivers with XP SP3 and not as a separate hot fix.

Regards
    R. Umapathy

Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:57 PM
  • yeah, it would not be fun when microsoft does not ADD the UAA to Windows XP SP3 and I will be glad to hear if Microsoft change the mind.

Please include the UAA in Windows XP SP3 because more and more motherboards support HD Audio.

No seperate fix anymore, I don't like that.

Smile
    Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:16 AM
  • Facing Installation problem KB888111 in Windows XP SP3 RC1 ?

First extract all the content of 'kb888111xpsp2' with WinRAR or any similar application like 7z, here you will find a folder named 'commonfiles'. This folder contain the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'.

After that you goto 'Device Manager' here you will find a unknown devices named 'PCI Device' in 'Other Devices' install 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio' for that device & after that install your sound device driver.

With Regards,

Promathesh Mandal.

(প্রমথেশ মন্ডল)

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:39 AM
  • Hi,

I had a brand new computer for my son with Vista, I installed XP with SP3 dual boot and all over Xmas
    couldn't get the Realtek HD audio to work in XP I was getting driver error code 10.

I read alot of forums and eventually found this forum with Promathesh Mandal post which did the trick
    THANKS very much m8...(saved me loosing any more hair)

Where I went wrong I think was to have create a custom XP install disk using vlite and added XP SP3
    instead of SP2 first.

Thanks..
    Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:02 AM
  • That works. The strange things is that on my laptop (Sony Vaio) it takes a long time to install the driver (over 5 min.).
    Did anyone experience this?

Moreover, do you know of any way to include this driver within an install CD using nLite? The problem is that I have to point nLite to a specific ".inf" file and there are many within the 'commonfiles' folder

paolo
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:51 PM
  •  

Big thanks!!! It is really work. I have tried many times to setup driver for sound before I read this message.

I have found only one problem with SP3. I integrated SP3 to windows install files and write bootable CD.

One hardware problem with sound encountered.

Big thanks.

With best Regards,

Serge

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:48 PM
  •  paoletto wrote:
    Moreover, do you know of any way to include this driver within an install CD using nLite? The problem is that I have to point nLite to a specific ".inf" file and there are many within the 'commonfiles' folder

paolo

I made an addon for nLite/RVMI that integrates the files from KB888111 (minus portcls.sys). It's publicly available and some websites have already caught on to it. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, so i'll just say it's the first hit on Google for "universal audio architecture addon", and although I meant for to be added to the source apparently it will also work on a live install by extracting and use the inf to install it.
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:58 AM
  • The following knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111 states in the Update section that:

Code Block

Update information

A supported driver that modifies the product's default behavior is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to modify the behavior that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that specifically require it. This driver may receive additional testing. Therefore, if the system is not severely affected by the lack of this driver, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this driver.

This is misleading given your quoted statement.

Seth Wall [MS] wrote:

Hello Andreas,

It will be a complete pain to first slipstream SP2 and then the kb888111xpsp2 patch then finally SP3.

It should be included as part of SP3 as was intended by the wording of the knowledge base article.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:17 AM
  • <center>Hi, When i install (try to) my audio driver it gives me this error after installing the first bit, i was told by someone and the information on the realtek page that i need atleast service pack 1 or 2 so i installed it and still no diffrence, i get this error quite a bit n was wonderin what i can do about it.<center/>

<center>below are 2 small pictures of what happens<center/>

Saturday, January 19, 2008 1:39 PM
  •  

I didn't/couldn't see any pictures attached.

1) Use 7-zip or WinRAR to extract

2) Extract KB888111XPSP2.exe to a folder such as C:\KB888111XPSP2

3) Open Device Manager, search for the Unknown PCI device

4) Right click on the Unknown PCI device to update the driver

5) Point the driver path to this C:\KB888111XPSP2\commonfiles\

It should be able to update. Install the audio driver on your machine. Good luck!

Regards,

Thomas

Andrew8 wrote:

<center>below are 2 small pictures of what happens<center/>

Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:25 PM
  • I also tried mannually installing HD-UAA drivers and still it failed on a slipstreamed Windows Installation Disk. and if i also try to install the drivers with uaa support then it shows"MEDIA NOT FOUND" this is happening on compaq presarion v 3000 amd based laptop. i am still trying to find a logical solution to this problem. can any one tell me how to integrate uaa drivers on sp3 package?

Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:13 AM
  •  ThomasLee wrote:

1) Use 7-zip or WinRAR to extract

2) Extract KB888111XPSP2.exe to a folder such as C:\KB888111XPSP2

3) Open Device Manager, search for the Unknown PCI device

4) Right click on the Unknown PCI device to update the driver

5) Point the driver path to this C:\KB888111XPSP2\commonfiles\

It should be able to update. Install the audio driver on your machine. Good luck!

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas,

I have followed your directions and all went well; however, it took a long time to install the driver (over 5 minutes): isn't that stange? Did you experience that too? My box is a laptop Sony VAIO VGN FS216S

Tank you

Paolo
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:02 PM
  • I can't seem to find where to download these files? Could someone please point me in the right direction?
    Monday, February 11, 2008 6:22 AM
  • I have recently installes windows xp sp2 on my Acer 5050 notebook and when i try to install the Audio Driver Realtek Ver.5.10.0.5273 the same error message comes up everytime "microsoft bus driver must be loaded before installing realtek high defination driver!" i have installed KB835221.exe and kb888111xpsp2 but i still get the same error message can someone please help

regards

Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:56 AM
  •  Promathesh Mandal wrote:

Facing Installation problem KB888111 in Windows XP SP3 RC1 ?

First extract all the content of 'kb888111xpsp2' with WinRAR, here you will find a folder named 'commonfiles'. This folder contain the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'.

After that you goto 'Device Manager' here you will find a unknown devices named 'PCI Device' in 'Other Devices' install 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio' for that device & after that install your sound device driver.

Super helpful,  thanks a lot.  tried to fix the no audio problem in many different ways to no avail. This was perfect answer.  

Cheers.

As to NicoleChic  the KB888111 file can be found in the latest versions of the Realtex HD Audio driver  in the MSHDQFE folder.
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:50 PM
  •  

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
    Monday, February 25, 2008 8:43 PM
  • I need !kb888111

Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Just to inform all HD-Audio users,

Based on the high demand, we have decided that subsequent releases of SP3 would now have integrated support for HD-audio,

This would enable all third party drivers to install successfully.

Thanks

Shashank

Monday, March 17, 2008 9:17 AM
  • This is really awesome news! Thank you so much for doing that!

Monday, March 17, 2008 9:28 AM
  • @Shashank & MS:  Thank you 

Monday, March 17, 2008 2:45 PM
  • CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?

I have this issue with a fresh install of XP Pro, SP2

KB888111 is already installed (I see it in the add/remove programs)

In attempting a fix from another forum, I also installed KB835231

I searched my computer (including hidden files and folders) and couldn't find a folder labeled "commonfiles." 

So I requested the KB888111 fix from Microsoft. 

I unzipped the file "KB888111xpsp2.exe" to C:\KB888111XPSP2

Went to Device Manager to update the driver, pointed the search to the folder, and it still didn't work.

As per the post by Promathesh Mandel, I don't see anything labeled 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'

Here's what I have in the commonfiles folder:

hdaprop.dll

hdashcut.exe

hdaudbus.inf

hdaudbus.sys

hdaudio.inf

hdaudio.sys

hdaudres.dll

When I try to update the driver and point to the commonfiles folder, I just get the message:

"The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."

I've tried disabling, uninstalling, restarting and then updating driver.

I've tried disabling, then updating driver. 

Both result in the message above.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:02 PM
  • So that we can try this fix, would someone mind telling us:

Where we get 'kb888111xpsp2'?  A link would be perfect.
    What and where is WinRAR?
    Where to find Device Manager?

Anyone that can do this in plain English will be a superhero.  Apparently MS has screwed up bazillions of people's computers, like mine, which no longer play audio.

Promathesh Mandal wrote:

First extract all the content of 'kb888111xpsp2' with WinRAR, here you will find a folder named 'commonfiles'. This folder contain the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'.

With Regards,

Promathesh Mandal.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:40 PM
  •  fritzphoto wrote:
    So that we can try this fix, would someone mind telling us:

Where we get 'kb888111xpsp2'?  A link would be perfect.
    What and where is WinRAR?
    Where to find Device Manager?

Fritzphoto,

1. You can get kb888111xpsp2 here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

There's a link at the top that says "View and request hotfix downloads."  Click on the link and follow the instructions.

You will have to give microsoft an email address where they will send you a zipped file most likely named "216955_intl_i386_zip.exe"

You may be able to get it elswehre on the internet, but you can get it directly from Microsoft since it is a Microsoft file.

2.  You will need to uncompress the file using an application like:

WinRAR (freeware found at:  http://www.rarsoft.com/),

7zip (freeware found at:  http://www.7-zip.org/) (my preference)

WinZIP (not free)

3.  To get to your device manager:

1. right click on "My Computer"
    2. go to "Properties" (at the bottom) - a new window will open
    3. click on the "Hardware" tab
    4. click on the "Device Manager" button

Once you are in your device manager, you will most likely see a yellow question mark icon on the left.  This indicates that a device is not working properly, typically because of a missing or corrupt driver.  My yellow question mark is listed as a "Multimedia Audio Controller" and is foun under "Other Devices."  I have read in other help forums where the yellow question mark for other people can have a different name and can be found under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers."

Anyway, this is where they're talking about.  You can update the driver by right clicking on the question mark item and selecting "update driver", or you can double click it and then go to the "Driver" tab and click on the "Update Driver" button.

NOTE:

One thing to note about step 1 above.  When you unzip the file you get from Microsoft, you will find the KB888111xpsp2.exe file.  I tried double clicking and installing, but nothing happened.  (I already had KB888111 installed though.)  However, it wasn't until I unzipped this file (as they recommended to a folder on the C: drive I created and named KB888111), was I able to get the "commonfiles" folder they refer to.  In this folder I found the files that seem to work for some people, but not all (see my post above).

Unfortunately, this fix did not work for me.  I never did find anything named "Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio" and I'm still waiting for a reply to my post above yours.

Also, I'm currently trying to get it resolved with help from people in another (more active) forum.  I am at the point where I may just buy an inexpensive PCI Sound Card and install it rather than try to fix this motherboard/onboard sound issue.

If the suggested fix in this thread does not work for you, search the internet for "no audio KB888111" and you'll find plenty if information.

Anyway, hope this information helps!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:51 PM
  • Try KB 835221 from -- support.microsoft.com/kb/835221.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:07 PM
  • KB888111 checks the current service pack level, and will NOT install on Sp3

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:54 PM
  • I have a Asus M2N-E wth a SoundMax on-board HD sound card.  I have tried every driver under the sun and have patiently waited for the XP Pro SP3 Update to come out...  well it's here and nada. 

I have no sound on my computer.  In fact it doesn't even recognize the sound card that I do have.  If this is going to be a thing where I have to wait for the powers that be to pull their craniums from their collective a$$es -- can someone recommend a good cheap compatible sound card that I can use in the mean time, to get sound on my system?

I'm tired of pestering my tech guy, 'cause none of this is his fault.   Help!
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 8:22 PM
  • @alan-Producer.

Try and look for the UAA in System Devices, not Audio * gaming, i disabled, removed, then updated the drivers with the file inside Common Files folder, that i unpacked from KB8888111.

hope that helps .
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:53 AM
  •  Rocky 4.5 wrote:
    I have a Asus M2N-E wth a SoundMax on-board HD sound card.  I have tried every driver under the sun and have patiently waited for the XP Pro SP3 Update to come out...  well it's here and nada.

XP SP3 contains the basic infrastructure support for HD Audio (via hdaudbus.inf/hdaudbus.sys), but SP3 does not supply any drivers for individual HD Audio devices.  It is the job of individual PC vendors to supply appropriate device drivers for their products.

Furthermore, although some people have had success with forcing an installation of the drivers contained within KB888111, that supplies only drivers for a handful of HD Audio devices that were available in 2004.  With SP3, it is not necessary to install KB888111 for other more recent HD Audio devices.  All that is needed is the appropriate HD Audio driver from the vendor, and then SP3 supplies all the needed support for that driver.

I have no sound on my computer.  In fact it doesn't even recognize the sound card that I do have.

Since you have said that you have an Asus M2N-E motherboard, then you should seek the required driver from Asus.  The download address is http://support.asus.com/download/

You enter M2N-E in the search box.  When you get to the right place, this driver is listed for download:

SoundMAX ADI1988 Audio Driver V5.10.1.6110 for Windows 2000/XP/XP MCE & Windows 2003

That's the one you need.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Did you miss the part where I said I've tried all of the drivers? 

I wasn't kidding. 

When I try this driver I get an error message saying that this driver is not supported by the OS. 

I really don't want to have to go through a full back up and do a reinstall of XP2 like most of the forums are suggesting, so I thought that I would simply get an XP3 compatable soundcard instead.  Can you suggest one that is compatable to my motherboard?
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:30 PM
  •  Rocky 4.5 wrote:
    When I try this driver I get an error message saying that this driver is not supported by the OS.

Then this is an issue for Asus support, not for Microsoft.  Make sure you tell Asus about this: if they don't get told, they might never fix it.

But I'm guessing that you might be able to make progress as follows:

Unzip the installer file SoundMAX_Audio_V51016110_32bit.zip into a folder.  Within that folder, navigate to the inner folder \32bit\2K_XP and double-click AsusSetup.exe (and not the AsusSetup.exe that is in a higher-level folder).  If it attempts to launch the Microsoft KB888111, cancel that bit, and see if the AsusSetup.exe manages to install the drivers without the KB888111.

If that fails, go into Device Manager, right-click the broken audio device, and select to install new drivers.  Do not allow automatic driver selection, choose the driver path that says "select from a list" and then click the button "Have disk".  Browse to:

\32bit\2K_XP\SMAXWDM\W2K_XP\ADIHdAud.inf

within the unzipped folder and allow that to install.  That will install the drivers for your card, but none of the applications and control panels for it.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:27 AM
  • BTDT  nada.  There is no audio device listed, broken or otherwise.

All of the other forums say that this is a sp3 issue not an asus issue since the drivers load fine in sp2.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Happy ending time.  I bought the neatest little gismo.  A Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro.  It's a tiny little sound card that plugs into a USB port.  And 'tada!' I now have sound all for less than 30 bucks.  It may not be High Def sound but it's better than a kick in the head with a frozen mukluk.
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 5:50 AM
  •  Promathesh Mandal wrote:

With Regards,

Promathesh Mandal.

This solution solved my problem. Thanks, Mandal!
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:00 AM
  • I'm having similar issues, but no one seems to be addressing this exact issue. I'm running a Dell Latitude D610 laptop, but colleagues have had the exact same issue on HP Laptops and Dell desktops. When I look at control panel/sounds and audio devices, EVERYTHING is greyed out. The volume control icon has disappeared from the systray, I have no sound. In sounds and audio devices, the volume tab says "No Audio Device" and the entire page is grey. However, when I go to device manager, all drivers report as working without issue. I have reloaded KB888111, and reinstalled the drivers twice. No change. The only thing that fixes this issue is uninstalling sp3. I am beta testing SP3 for release to 90 more users, but can't deploy it and have it disable everyone's audio. Now what?

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:10 PM
  • Hello,

I've actually had microsoft service pack 3 techs take control of my machine and try to fix this problem.

Re-installed sigmatel driver, real tek driver, etc. 

The problem is sound works when using windows media player and or quicktime or itunes, but in a web page, no embedded or flash sound works. 

This is all after a service pak 3 upgrade.  Before I had no problems.

Anyone every have this problem, I have a dell inspiron 1300 the business model.

VitoVonAntwon
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:23 PM
  • This could be a real pain as I have a large number of Dell Optiplex 745 systems that need this. I had to install KB835221.exe on these systems to be able to install the SoundMax drivers.

I'm not sure if/how KB835221.exe differs from KB888111.exe

KB888111.exe is newer than KB835221.exe.

To install KB888111 under WinXP SP3, try the solutions here:
    http://boredsysadm.blogspot.com/2008/03/windows-xp-sp3-and-microsoft-hd-audio.html
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:57 PM
  • What Realtek Drivers version are you using?

z

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:13 AM
  • Have you tried your mic yet........lol..........z
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:14 AM
  • Quote: If you had HD audio drivers installed before installing XP SP3-RC, you would not face any problems. The drivers would work as usual.

Guess what? I had Realtek HD Audio working just peachy before I installed SP3.........now the mic has super low volume, and I'm on day 3 of this problem..................z

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:17 AM
  • The problem occured at my work on Dell Optiplex machines with XP SP3 on them. Only the machines upgraded from SP2 to SP3 have the problem that the speaker sound was dead but headphones stil worked. Reinstalling the driver from KB888111.exe did work until the next reboot.

The solution we figured out was this:

Login on the machine with the sound problem using your admin account
    Open Computer Management
    Go to Device Manager and Uninstall the SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec (or whatever codec for UAA is installed)
    Go to Action in the menu and choose to scan for hardware changes

The codec is found and reinstalled by windows. Problem solved.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Hello Seth,

Has there been any compatibility fix developed for the Realtek HD Audio Driver for XP SP3 users?  Even after installing the KB888111, installing the driver version 5.10.0.6106 sent by Realtek is not accepted with an error code: 0XE0000227.  Thanks.

Frank

Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:45 AM
  • The most recent drivers for my Intel 915G video chipset indicate that I need to run kb888111.exe before installing the drivers. The kb article says not to do this on Windows XP SP3, which is what I'm running. How do I resolve this?
    Monday, January 03, 2011 5:38 PM
  • When testing SP3-RC I found that there was no support for HD-Audio (the well-known KB888111 patch). Is this really true?

Andreas
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:38 AM

Andreas
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:39 AM