HP printer problems with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my home laptop and installed new drivers etc in 2015, when pushed to do so by MS. I had persistent problems getting my HP 8610 all-in-one printer to work, and finally settled on using an ethernet cable instead of WiFi, and other work-arounds that HP recommended (they insist the problem is within Windows 10 -- I am inclined to believe them because I had none of the problems with my previous OS (I am not a techie, so please bear with me.)  I was given a new laptop at Christmas, running Win 10 and am STILL in the process of setting it up (I would like to have a few words with the 'developers' of Outlook someday), inevitably due to problems with Win 10.

I cannot get my printer to print consistently.  It will print one document sent from my laptop via ethernet, but the subsequent ones will never print -- just showing a "printer error" problem, or not reading that the machine is on, when it clearly is on next to me. I finally was advised to set up the wifi with a TC port (?) so that I can print from my phone, which is working, but now I need a permanent fix to the laptop as I am hoping to begin working part-time from home (I'm disabled).

In trying to resolve one of the possibly related issues today, I found the following error message:

Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-f596dd1c-34c3-4710-90aa-bacea3846812.0069 requires further installation.

But I cannot figure out what to do about it.  I've lost count of the number of uninstalls/reinstalls I have done.  Nothing seems to work.

Can you please help?  I need to be able to use my equipment without these constant problems.

Thank you

D2read

Saturday, April 29, 2017 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi d2read,

I recommend you to make IP address of your printer be fixed, i.e. not DHCP, but fixed IP address (this would be a work on/with your printer). and modify port for your printer via Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Device and printer.

I cannot explain it step by step, for I'm not good at English.
    If you have/know someone who is a kind of a techie, please consult him/her.
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Hi d2read,

Did the issue only occur with the specific Windows 10 machine?

First of all, please download the latest Windows 10 compatible driver from the HP website.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/model/5367606

For the printer issue, we could refer to the following link troubleshoot it.
    Fix printer problems
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/bdff0c68-6204-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems
    NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 1, 2017 3:48 AM
  • Hi

As i can see the problem you are facing is related to your printer not connecting to the wifi but its connected to external cable

Hope the steps i'am mentioning can give you relevant solution

Solution for the Concern Issue Of To How Fix My HP Printer Offline!!!

Solution No. 1– Reinstalling HP printer
    Solution No. 2– Disabling “Use printer offline” feature 
    Solution No. 3– Restarting printer spooler
    Solution No.  4– Solving connection issue

Get to know the steps properly.The source medium can provide you in details with the relevant images.

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:09 AM