none
Vodafone 3G Data Card

Question

• This card does not work under Vista B2.

The card installs OK but the software is unable to create a profile and thus the card can not connect.

This for me is a show stopper.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:32 PM

Answers

• This is a bug that has been reported three times:

• 81718 - although this bug has different symptoms
    • 87390 - Dave Britt's bug report
    • 82046 - I filed this one (and can't spell vodafone well either)
    It's a bug with the drivers - for now that means using XP for the card, or wait for decent drivers. I have searched on Vodafone's site and can find no mention of Vista or of drivers for this card.

You should get your Vodafone account team onto it localy as they have a vested interest in making it work right - a lot of the folks where I work certainly use this card heavily. And most, if not all, would prefer a working card and XP to Vista every time.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:58 PM

All replies

• Vodafone 3G Data Card Dell M65 laptop, Currently Vodafone 3G card is detecting and installing as a Fusion UMTS GPRS - 3G Modem but the driver is incompatible. I have been unable to find any available drivers working on the net.

Same problem as Thomas, Any news on Vodafone 3G Data Card support.

I have reported through Connect Beta Site Feedback a device request ID: 87390

Dave Britt

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:08 PM
  • This is a bug that has been reported three times:

• 81718 - although this bug has different symptoms
    • 87390 - Dave Britt's bug report
    • 82046 - I filed this one (and can't spell vodafone well either)
    It's a bug with the drivers - for now that means using XP for the card, or wait for decent drivers. I have searched on Vodafone's site and can find no mention of Vista or of drivers for this card.

You should get your Vodafone account team onto it localy as they have a vested interest in making it work right - a lot of the folks where I work certainly use this card heavily. And most, if not all, would prefer a working card and XP to Vista every time.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:58 PM
  • I have just bought one of these and also have the same problem.  Cannot create a profile.

Did you manage to get a solution?

Help Desk has indicated a admin conflict?

They recommended I create a new account with Admin rights then re-install the software.

I had to disable ro remove any other potentially conflicting drivers (modems, wireless network cards, )

All to no avail - the same problem exists.

Let me know if you managed a work-around

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:31 PM
  • I am having exactly the same problem. I installed the software, the computer then recognised the card but when I tried to create a porfile it came up with "driver installation failed. Please check devices and try again."

1. Vodafone told me to :
    a. uninstall and reinstall software
    b. go to a store - where I tried various other cards
    c. disable the internal modem

2. Acer told me to:
    a. Reinstall my entire operating system - WHICH I DID!!!!

3. A professional PC support employee told me that there is a problem with the computer - error code 12? Is this correct.

None of this advice has made any difference!!!! Please help, im desperate!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:20 PM
  • Ive been trying to get mine to play all evening but to no avail either - error code everytime. I have tried what you guys have above (apart from the reload) and it looks like Vodafone and i will be in discussion tommorrow.

I'll post up whatever goes down...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:13 PM
  • Hi fellow testers,

I Have tried emailing Vodafone directly with the following:

I am student at a Microsoft Academy and a 3G Datacard user to connect my laptop, but my problem is that I am now beta testing Windows Vista on it. I was wondering if there are any beta or released versions of the drivers required to get this card working with Windows Vista. The card is a Fusion UMTS GPRS - 3G Modem. I am happy to try any beta drivers you have and report back if required as several people are experiencing the same problem rendering this card unuseable to Vista beta testers(Source- Microsoft Technet forum). If you require any other information please contact me.

The reply I recieved was:

Thanks for your email.

I can tell you that as this is a 3rd party software that you are trying to us and Vodafone to not support this you'll have to speak to Microsoft for the software upgrade in order to get your Fusion Data card to work.

All the best,

Aarron Molloy
    Vodafone Customer Services

Was I barking up the wrong tree?

Monday, July 31, 2006 11:05 AM
  • I unpacked the XP version of the software, and inserted the card.  The OS found a new device, and stopped installing drivers at the USB modem stage, so I pointed Windows at the unpacked software dir as a location for drivers.  Eventually, after 3 new driver installs (there's 2 interfaces in the card itself) I wound up with a modem device.  Then I setup a normal dialup connection, username fred, password fred, number *99***1# and everything works well.

Worth a go...

Monday, August 21, 2006 6:21 AM
  •  I received this answer from vodafone today 07.09.2006 so it looks as though Vista is a no go for us Vodafone Data Card users

Good Morning Mr Noble

Thanks for your query about drivers for Vista

I'm afraid that until this product is released, we won't have any software updates or drivers available

Please contact Vodafone after the release of this operating system when we should have more information.

We'realways happy to help so get feel free to get in touch.

Best wishes

Steve Coleman

Vodafone Customer  Services

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:24 AM
  • You said: "I unpacked the XP version of the software"

What software is this? Where can I find it? I installed Vodafone Mobile Connnect 7.0 (had 4.x something earlier on CD), but neither of them has drivers to get the modem to work. It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Is that the software you mean?

Looking forward to a solution...

Monday, October 09, 2006 6:15 PM
  • Solved! Windows Vista and Vodafone 3G

After months (?) of frustration, the mystery of Vodafone 3G on Vista has been solved.
    Enjoy!

I've also been frustrated by this, and came across the following blog post at http://exerpod.blogspot.com/ .Tried it last night and it WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

Lethal
    Friday, October 13, 2006 9:48 AM
  • Hello,

Good for you that it is solved. Is it possible to share your solution with us ? The link in your answer doesn't give me mutch info.

May I ask how you solved this.

Thx in advance

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:10 AM
  • The correct link is: http://exertrack.wordpress.com/2006/10/13/solved-windows-vista-and-vodaphone-3g/  alas it only seems to be valid for RC1.

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:53 AM
  • Hi Guys

I installed VMC 7 on Windows XP and my 3G card was working fine. I formatted and 3G Card did not work. I then re-installed XP again, installed VMC 7, card working fine. I then used the upgrade function on the Vista Installation CD  and upgraded to Vista. I then inserted my 3G Card and all was working fine.

If you want your card to work on Vista, use the upgrade and you will have NO problems.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:54 AM
  • Nice workaround!

I value a "clean" Vista install higher than a working 3G-card right now, so I'll keep looking for a solution, but as I said, nice work!

- Tom

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Well it didn't work for me anyway. Put VISTA on upgrade to XP with working VMC and it fails and in Device Manager I see:

Fusion UMTS GPRS - 3G Modem

Manufacturer: Option

Device Status:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I called Vodafone tech support and they said a new version of VMC is due "shorty" but they could give no actual release date.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 9:40 PM
  • It's all solved now! Vodafone have released the full version of their Mobile Connect software and the new card drivers for Vista.

The drivers and software can be downloaded from the Vodafone Vista Buisness page. I found the installation a little trickly and I've posted the steps that I took on my blog.

Hopefully this leave everyone with working 3G cards on Vista! Best of luck.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:16 AM
  • Thanks very much for the heads up.

Yes I have it working too. What a *** to install... so glad you did it first :-) This vodafone software is UTTER junk. I had to do all the things you say including, as you say, putting the red 3g card into machine and manually removing and deleting from the machine the various drivers attached to the card from inside device manager before running install. Even then I got endless popus with error messages until I disabled the card WLAN feature in VMC.

Touch wood it's OK now but 0/10 for Vodafone!!!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:04 PM
  •  we are need the modem usb samba that going with vista. It's very important for our,please.

Thank you very much

leon wester

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:57 AM