none
Windows 7 Clean Install

Question

• Hi wondering if anyone can help me.

When i get to 54% of the install, i get this message "windows cannot access the installation sources. verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation ">

any ideas? brand spanking new computer, with new HD, new processor new mobo, new everything. this copy of windows 7 home premium OEM is bought just like 50 mins ago.

help me.

:T

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• now it went to 100% and still get this message " "windows cannot access the installation sources. verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation.""

could it be a hard drive problem or optical drive problem?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:56 AM
  • Hi

We need some more information. Are you using a factory installation disk with a hologram label, or was this a download that you burned to a disk yourself?

Let us know.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:08 AM
  • factory disk with a hologram label. i bought 2 copies also. tried both disc hopeing it was the disc, it wasnt.

tried using a different dvd drive, same thing. only thing i dont have an extra of is a hard drive.

ok now when i turn on the computer and try to install it again. it doesnt even read any hard drives.

im 90% sure its the harddrive

i first had a problem with it when i bought it...gave it back to the place and had them update the firware for it...and then i bought win7 today and tried installing it...a couple hours now. -_-

god help me before i rage.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:31 AM
  • oh and on my motherboard its an ASUS P7P55D-Pro

it has an LED indicator and the indicator LED lights up for BOOT DEVICE.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:37 AM
  • Did you replace the cable or check that it is seated??

What issue did you have that they updated the bios for??

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:36 PM
  • yes i replaced the cable and checked that was it plugged it properly.

well the technician said the HDD's firmware wasnt updated and has been updated when i got it back. so i inserted the disc in when i got home and went to 53% at first and i got that message above. so i was like, i asked my friend since he was a comp nerd, he said it could've been the disc, clean it if there is any debris on it.

so i did.

it goes to 100% on the expanding windows file part, and it stayed there for a long time. and then that message in bold(above) popped up again.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:50 PM
  • :T fixed, replaced hard drive. thanks anyways.
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:53 PM