none
Keystrokes registered twice sporadically in Rdp session since updating clients to windows 10 1903 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I'm out of ideas on this one, because I couldn't find anyone yet who experiences the same. We just upgraded our clients to w10 1903, these clients are using remoteapps on a server 2012 (not r2) host. Since updating the clients, keystrokes get sporadically registered twice in rdp sessions which is incredibly annoying - on all of the clients, so it's unrelated to keyboards or specific local settings.

I'd be already happy if someone here experiences the same, so I can be sure it's a bug with windows 10.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:33 PM

All replies

• Can you check if filter keys are turned on? 

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use

Then uncheck Turn on filter keys if it is check 

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, August 9, 2019 2:27 AM
  • HI
    1 if you enter "ease of access keyboard settings" in search on win10 and turn off filter key like picture .check if it can wok. said by Mr S.Sengupta
    2 run below cmd in command prompt(open as admin) on problematical win10
    sfc scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible. Ensure the latest update has been installed to avoid known issue
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

4 after your installed the latest update on problematical win10 1903 ,if the problem persist .
    can you enter winver in command prompt on win10 computer and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 9, 2019 11:06 AM
  • Hi @Andy YOU @S.Sengupta

1. all of the ease of access options are unchecked (disabled).

2. I ran all of the commands but the problem isnt fixed.

3. I set up a clean W10 machine and experienced the problem there too

4. WinVer Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Build 18362.267

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:22 PM
  • Update: it doesnt only happen with keystrokes, it also happens with clicks. Seems like all inputs get very rarely transmitted twice
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:33 PM
  • HI
    5 if we use mstsc  remote access session host directly and run the app install on session host server w2012 ,will the problem happen again ?

6 is your issue only happen on third party software ?if we publish a built-in wordpad on rdweb ,will your issue happen on wordpad ?

7 when the problematical domain user logon the issue RDSH ,we can confirm fault time from event id 4624 in security log of this domain user then try to logon server console and look if there is more related log information about your issue?
    on other RDS related server (RDSH,RDWEB,RDgateway)

event viewer\windows logs\

application

security

system

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows – TerminalServices-****

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows –remote desktop management service

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows – RemoteDesktopServices-****

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connections

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management

Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:36 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, August 19, 2019 10:40 AM
  • Hi,

5. The problem does not happen when I launch the remoteapp on the server itself in a local session. It is definitly related to the Windows 10 Update.

6. The issue does happen on wordpad too, yes

7. sorry, I couldnt find any logs that could be helpful

Monday, August 19, 2019 12:30 PM
  • @Andy YOU

Very important update: the issue happens ONLY in RemoteApp Sessions.  If the user is in a full Remote Desktop Session than everything works fine! So it is an issue with RemoteApps and it was probably introduced with Windows 10 1903. 

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:43 AM
  • HI
    8 we can still monitor above the rds related event log on session host and monitor the below event log especially .

event viewer\windows logs\application

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connections 

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management

9  install latest paches on w10(1903) then check if the problem persist.

10 if the problem persist ,we can read below document then try to find the reason of input issue in remoteapp session.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/rds-rdsh-performance-counters

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:10 AM