none
CloudSearch Hybrid OnBoard error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm configuring new SharePoint 2019 farm updated to CU sept2019 with CloudSSA.

CloudSSA creation work fine but I have an error with Onboard script:

.\Onboard-CloudHybridSearch.ps1 -PortalUrl https://customer.sharepoint.com -CloudSsaId "SP19test SVC SearchHybrid"

Configuring for SharePoint Server version 16.

Accessing Cloud SSA...

Using SSA with id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Preparing environment...

Found Online Services Sign-In Assistant!

Found MSOnline AAD PowerShell module!

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft

Name                           Property

----                           --------

MSOnlinePowershell

Created HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSOnlinePowershell in the registry

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSOnlinePowershell

Name                           Property

----                           --------

Path

Created HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSOnlinePowershell\Path in the registry

Configuring Azure AD settings in the registry...

Restarting MSO IDCRL Service...

Service Restarted!

Connecting to O365...

AAD tenant realm is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Configuring on-prem SharePoint farm...

ACS metatada endpoint: https://accounts.accesscontrol.windows.net/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/metadata/json/1

Found existing ACS proxy 'ACS'.

Found existing token issuer 'ACS_STS'.

Found existing SPO proxy 'SPO App Management Proxy'.

Adding local signing credential to SharePoint principal...

Signing credential already exists in SharePoint principal.

Configuring service principal for the cloud search service...

Adding new SPN to existing service principal: xxxxxxxxxx/*.search.production.de.azuretrafficmanager.de.

Adding new SPN to existing service principal: xxxxxxxxxx/*.search.production.chn.trafficmanager.cn.

Adding new SPN to existing service principal: xxxxxxxxxx/*.search.production.gov.usgovtrafficmanager.net.

Connecting to content farm in SPO...

Preparing tenant for cloud hybrid search (this can take a couple of minutes)...

PreparePushTenant was successfully invoked!

Getting service info...

C:\Users\admintech\Desktop\Onboard-CloudHybridSearch.ps1 : Exception calling "ExecuteQuery" with "0" argument(s): "Internal Server Error"

At line:1 char:1

+ .\Onboard-CloudHybridSearch.ps1 -PortalUrl https:// customer ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ServerException,Onboard-CloudHybridSearch.ps1

It is safe to re-run onboarding if this error is transient - e.g. 'An update conflict has occurred' for SSA Update() call.

I have the same error if I'm using GUI wizard into Central Administration - Office365 - Launch the Hybrid Configuration Wizard.

No error are present into View full log file. :(

NOTE: I have already configured a SharePoint 2016 CloudSSA into Office365 tenant that work fine. I need this second SharePoint 2019 CloudSSA configuration to plan migration.

Anyone have some information?

Many thanks.

Raffaele

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Raffaele,

Per my research, the error happens when running these lines in Onboard-CloudHybridSearch.ps1. Not sure why it happens.

For this issue, I would suggest you create a service request, you will get more support there.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Hi Michael,

SR opened online write me that the problem it's onprem because hybrid deployments it's out of scope. :(

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Hi Raffaele,

Then you need to open a ticket with Microsoft support.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:44 AM