none
Windows 10 Freezes when Submitting Certificate

Question

• Since upgrading to Windows 10 a few of our computers have been having issues. Sometimes when they are trying to access a specific website that requires them to submit a digital certificate to sign in it causes their whole system to freeze. They are using IE11, but because the military likes to use old technology I have it set to run in an IE9 emulation.

The One X

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, problem only occurred when users visited specific website. What’s the interface they meet with, maybe you could try install that digital certificate to see if can fix problem.

There is a help documentation about certificate error, please refer to it for assistance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

In addition, you mentioned that you set an IE 9 emulation, what’s operation you have done, by F12 developer Tools? If you use F12 tools, you could set Documentation mode as IE 9, that’s ok.

Also, you could let your user visit that specific website by Compatibility View.

Last but not least, we can collect event log to see what happened when system freezes, it will be helpful for us to diagnose problem.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 22, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:27 AM