none
Can't install service pack 1 for Windows 7 64bits - ERROR_IO_DEVICE(0x8007045d) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I can not install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 64-bit version ...

I've tried the Windows Update, tried all the solutions in Micrososft help (installed Preparation Tool for Windows System Update 7 for x64-based Systems, disabled anti-virus, rebooted, tried again ....) and nothing. At the end always gives the error: Unable to perform the request due to an error of I / O device - Details - Error: ERROR_IO_DEVICE (0x8007045D).

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try to use Chkdsk tool to check if it could fix this issue:

1.    Type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

2.    At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

Chkdsk /R X:

In this command, X: is a placeholder that represents the drive letter of the volume that you want to check.

3.    Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk the next time that the system restarts.

4.    Close all applications, and then restart.

Meanwhile, please try to download Windows 7 SP1 package and then install it to check if this issue persists.

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Ana Oliveira Friday, March 11, 2011 11:02 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:19 AM

All replies

• Search for 0x8007045D, there are lots of answered questions for this code, is "corrupted ISO image" a possibility for you?
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:56 PM
  • Hi, thank´s for your help.

How can i see if the image is corrupted? Do you think it has something to do with the fact that i haven´t  done yet the security copy system?... I've purchased this pc last November, and the Windows is original- Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Sorry for my english...

Thank's again.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:42 PM
  • How can i see if the image is corrupted?

Well, maybe by that error code, I didn't read all related articles - it is your problem, only you can judge which article matches your issue.  Did you download SP1 as ISO image from MS ?  If not search for 0x8007045D on site: microsoft.com and find other answers.  If nothing matches your problem simply ask again here.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Hi,

1.    Type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

Chkdsk /R X:

In this command, X: is a placeholder that represents the drive letter of the volume that you want to check.

3.    Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk the next time that the system restarts.

Meanwhile, please try to download Windows 7 SP1 package and then install it to check if this issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Ana Oliveira Friday, March 11, 2011 11:02 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:19 AM
  • Thank you.
    Friday, March 11, 2011 11:02 PM
  • Hi,

Chkdsk /R X:

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the th
    Thank you very much! It worked.
    Friday, March 11, 2011 11:03 PM
  • I sorry for my english, but I try all procedure mentionned above and nothing works...I cannot install the Service Pack 1 for windows 7. I get always the same error.

Please could you help me!

Saturday, April 2, 2011 8:25 PM
  • Having the same problem.  Running Chkdsk now.  If this works, what was the problem?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:29 PM
  • Didn't work.... boo.  Tried everything Microsoft had to offer.  Guess i have to reinstall this failed OS and try again...
    Psyzzle Comp TIA A+ Cert.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:35 AM
  • after trying everything here and else where.....  I fixed it!  I had to pretty much reinstall and add the service pack before all other soft and hardware.   But, YES!  I now have Win 7 SP1   :-)))

• Proposed as answer by Psycho Psyc Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:12 PM
    • Edited by Psycho Psyc Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:19 PM spelling
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:12 PM
  • I had the same problem, and using the CHKDSK routine solved my problem. Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Cookshack Monday, June 20, 2011 1:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cookshack Monday, June 20, 2011 1:31 PM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 1:29 PM
  • I tried everything else and then did the chkdsk and got this message: Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility by running in elevated mode. Any suggestions how to get through that?

Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Right click the "run" icon and choose to run as administrator.  This should solve the problem.
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:41 AM
  • You dit not doit at it says, it sayse that you have to rihigt click and run as a administrator, not just run it :)
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:19 PM

• I tried the Chkdsk /R X: but its giving a msg. " cannot open volume for direct access "

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:01 PM
  • the "X" is your Drive letter. I guess it is C drive
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:39 AM
  • A bit late, but I received my first Win 7 pc yesterday and after 8 hours of searching I found this article. Worked first time. Thanks.
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:22 PM