Keep in mind these issues are Internet / Network Related.
The last couple of nights, I wanted to do some online gaming, specifically Diablo III and Battlefield 3.
In Battlefield 3, I can join a server just fine, and if I stand still I can watch the action playing out smoothly and my ping is at 20-22 depending on which server I choose. When I move my ping jumps all the way up to 300 and can even max out at 800 and on the screen I keep jittering back and forth.
In Diablo III, I haven't checked my ping, but I have noticed a similar issue.
With that information and some tests that I've done, my download speed is ~25 Mbps, and my upload Speed is ~4 Mbps. It's hard to say that this is a driver issue, but I'm not ruling it out. Maybe it's a firewall issue?
- My desktop has both Wireless and Wired Connection capabilities, and I tried each one separately with the same results.
- I have disconnected my router, and plugged my PC directly into the Modem to see if that would fix it. It did not.
- I tried port forwarding, it did not work.
- Updated my network card driver (nForce)
- ASUS M3N78 PRO Motherboard
- 6GB DDR2 800
- AMD 5770 1GB GDDR 5
- 500GB HDD 7200RPM
- Router: NETGEAR Wireless G (I'll get the model later when I get home)
- Modem: Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 (same)
Here you go with the explanation, i just did research on my own cos i have the same problem: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2250925
this issue is still unsolved, and by the time it is a known issue i'm guessing it might be something that could take a little while longer. I also just found a topic with a software tool that might help you, but i haven't tested it yet myself. Hope it helps, because Diablo 3 is unplayable now for me : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html