none
SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure - Sorry, Something Went Wrong

Question

•  I was trying to activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure on my site collection and then I get  the error that something went wrong

In the team site I was able to activate it without any problem .

Please Help me

Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Ed,

Are you trying to enable this feature on a modern communication site collection or on other site collections? 

If it is a modern communication site, currently the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature is not available.

If it is other site collection, is there any other error message on the page? Please provide a screenshot if possible. 

You can also activate Publishing feature on SharePoint Online with PowerShell. Here’s your reference.

SharePoint Online: Activate Feature using PowerShell.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 20, 2019 6:48 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark then as answers. 

If you have solved the problem yourself, you can reply the solution and mark it as the answer. 

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:24 AM