none
Promise FastTrak TX2300

Question

• I cannot seem to get my Promise FastTrak TX2300 raid controller working on Windows 7.
    I have tried the Vista driver, but it just will not run.
    I tried looking for a driver on the manufacturer's website, but they do not support or provide there hardware on Windows 7.

Did anyone get this raid controller working on Windows 7?
    Friday, May 15, 2009 11:47 AM

Answers

• After talking to the company, they say that they're working on the drivers for Windows 7 which would be released when Windows 7 is released. How annoying! It shouldn't be that hard!
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:02 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem. I really would like to have my computer at work running Windows 7 but we need to run it on Raid.

Anybody?
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 10:25 PM
  • After talking to the company, they say that they're working on the drivers for Windows 7 which would be released when Windows 7 is released. How annoying! It shouldn't be that hard!
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Indeed this is annoying.
    Hope most hardware manufacturers have drivers ready upon release of Windows 7.
    Else users will have the same argument as they had with Vista.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:45 PM
  • I installed Windows 7 and used the Vista 64x bit driver, works fine.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 7:55 AM
  • I installed Windows 7 and used the Vista 64x bit driver, works fine.

Interesting! Please clarify: Are you running the Vista 64 driver under Win7 32? If so, how did you install it?
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:00 AM
  • I was able to get it working also. Yes, you have to install the Vista drivers, either the 64 or 32 for their corresponding system. The solution is so simple it makes me feel stupid... make sure you put the windows 7 installer DVD back into the tray... and then it lets you install.

Oscar
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 6:41 AM
  • I am doing a fresh install of Windows 7 as I write this.  The Windows 7 drivers are now on the Promise website at:

http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=136&category=all&os=0&go=GO

To do a fresh install start the installation and when you get to the screen that asks where you want to install that is when you get a chance to browse for the TX2300 drivers.  I put them on a USB drive and browsed to that drive.  I had to select the amd64 folder before Windows 7 would recognize the drivers (even though I have an Intel processor so I'm not sure why Promise named the folder amd64).  Anyway, I have "Starting Windows" on my screen so I think all is OK.  Good luck!

Friday, March 26, 2010 11:04 PM